"not another one"

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am just going to wait til he molts and see what i get. my real goal was to get him away from that place. i felt bad for him. regardless of what he is, i am content to let him live out the rest of his days in comfort.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, it's not a Haplopelma sp. anything, that's fer sure.

As to it's seemaniness i can't say. I'm not as good at id'ing as these guys.
id bet a silver dime its an A. seemani brown form AKA Nicaragua form
Guatemala may be same color. I was thinking it was from ther then found its Nicaragua

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
looks male to me
Bob, i hope you meant the Ts were going to do the breeding....
haha ;P i was thinking about that after i had posted it.

is your male a little nasty one too. can you hold it without it nipping at you? my female was like that before she molted not she seems like a sweet heart. she is a little nervous none the less though.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have one that looks just like it.The Pet zoo folks here in Alaska said it was and A. semani,not that they know much about T's.I don't see much of it,hides alot,kinda skitish around 3 inches long.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm gonna restate whats already been stated :rolleyes:

Immature male Aphonopelma seemanni is what you have there.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
here i will just go ahead and post the picture in this thread.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd have to agree with MizM. The OP stated that the T in question is three inches ( 18 cm ). At that size there should be much more adult colouring. I don't see ANY striping on the legs.

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am only guessing on the size, i know that he is smaller than my A. genic which is 3.5, and since i'm not really sure the proper way to measure, i'm just guessing,

justyne

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I am only guessing on the size, i know that he is smaller than my A. genic which is 3.5, and since i'm not really sure the proper way to measure, i'm just guessing,

justyne
What's the leg span from leg 1 ( front right leg ) to leg 4 ( back right ) that is the standard way of measuring a T's size.

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well according to the lesson i just got, he is just a hair over 2.5" wow i was really off but i was also measuring wrong.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well according to the lesson i just got, he is just a hair over 2.5" wow i was really off but i was also measuring wrong.
Wait till it moults, and then post another pic. The adult colouring should be more pronounced then. I take back my eariler comment. You may still have a A. seemani since it is 2.5 inches.

At that size it should moult in a month or 2... or even tomorrow. Keep us informed

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
like i said earlier, he is an abuse victim. but as soon as he does his thing (which i hope he does soon), i will post pictures.

thanks to eveyone who has chirpped in on this.

justyne

lil-blu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have a quick question, is the A. seemmani a quick little bugger?, becuase the young man in my care is quick as a flash and had tried to escape twice in less than a week.