No spiders allowed. This is ridiculous

Finntroll86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First off, when people say "rules are rules" besides just taking it as fact, i would actually go looking for the statute for the dorms regarding "pets/animals" in actually writing. I'm sure there a bylaws or loopholes regarding this situation, maybe it was the fact that there were 7 animals (the "Rule" may be, resident allowed 5 animals, etc). But I would check it out, Its good you have people rallying against it, maybe petition to the student council or w/e they have acting as a "campus government". It seems these rules/laws are put into place to control the ones who break it anyway, but constrain the ones who abide by it or make honest mistakes. Good Luck!

QuantumGears

Arachnopeon
I can feel for you OP. I'm currently attending a university and you can only keep certain pets. I have a pet mouse and a pet tarantula(G. Rosea). I'm allowed to have the mouse, but not the T. Well, I keep her on my dresser in my closet with a door. My roommates cool with her so we just close my closet door if our room door is open. I'm waiting till at least graduate school to go crazy and buy 50 Ts. :cool:

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
See, this is what I'm getting at. Stop being a wuss and bring your animals back and hide them like normal people. It's not a big deal. Your RA came into the room without snooping and said everything is o.k.. They will say the same thing when you bring your pets back and simply hide them. :wall:

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that someone called "satanslilhelper" is telling you to go against the rules? LMAO.

Just curious, what would happen if you did hide them and got caught? o_o

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Would anyone here ship slings hidden under say... some tank decorations or containers that were paid for? ;)

Sorry... satanslilhelper is not helping me. hehe! :evil:

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Don't let anyone know you have them. I kept my cockroaches under my bed in solid rubbermaid tubs. My bug fearing roomie didn't know about them. My suitemates did not know about them.

I only fed them/cared for them when my roommate went to class and locked the door to the other suite.

It helped that I had a loach in with my fish though. At the time they were asking me if I had them in my room, I could easily, and truthfully deny it. They were at home when it was warm. I only moved them in when it got chilly.

Keep them well hidden for your own enjoyment. Don't let anyone else know and deny their existence.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
See, this is what I'm getting at. Stop being a wuss and bring your animals back and hide them like normal people. It's not a big deal. Your RA came into the room without snooping and said everything is o.k.. They will say the same thing when you bring your pets back and simply hide them. :wall:
Funny...I didn't think people who kept tarantulas as pets were considered 'normal'...

Also, in my opinion, your advice is horrible.

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
Funny...I didn't think people who kept tarantulas as pets were considered 'normal'...

Also, in my opinion, your advice is horrible.
+1 to both points.

If you bring your T's back into your room, you could risk having them confiscated.

Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't go so far as to say they will be confiscated but it is safe to assume that repeat offenses is a great way to break your contract. If I am correct, (at least here in SD) you still have to pay your "rent" or housing bill even if you don't live there. So do the math of having to pay for the dorm and an apartment......

+1 to both points.

If you bring your T's back into your room, you could risk having them confiscated.

Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What about a 10 gallon fish tank, half with water and net casting spiders hidden in the pothos. That would be pretty cool.. Just IMO