New updates/photos/eggsacks etc....

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow man, lots of good stuff! How big do dyscolus get, if you know? Congrats on the new sacs as well, esp the schioedtei. The Sericopelma is a good lookin T, is it a new pick up or have you had it for a while?

hehe Loaf
Thanks man!The dyscolus get quite large with legspans around 7" and are rather stocky spiders to!
Regarding the Sericopelma I have had a breeding group of these for some time now!I actually have a few Sericopelma species here I'm working with.

Any updates on the Coremiocnemis jeremeyhuffi sac?
They just started molting into 1st in-star and leaving the eggsack.Looking like a pretty small clutch so not sure how many I will get from this breeding.
-Chris

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awsome updates man!...nice lookin boca del toro!, and congrats on all the success!

rasulsimakshah

Arachnosquire
Wow! All of your sacs and your setup are amazing! I desperately want to get my hands on a Borneo Black sling, the jet black of the species is awesome.

Danielson

Arachnopeon
OMG! that Subfusca looks soo amazing! can't wait until my one grows to that size :biggrin:

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You've got some awesome species here. I feel like a kid in a toy store! LOL!

How are those Lyrognathus crotalus doing? :D

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Thank you!There looking great so far!Hopefully will have some spiderlings in a few weeks time!
-Chris

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Thank you!There looking great so far!Hopefully will have some spiderlings in a few weeks time!
-Chris

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Another update!

Hi,
Another small update from my spider room!

This week the Cyriopagopus schioedtei started to emerge from the eggsack as 1st in-star spiderlings!

Also the Lampropelma sp."Borneo Black" have all molted into 2nd instar spiderlings!

This batch represents my 4th successful hatching of this species so far! :D

Here's a couple photos of one of my Xenesthis immanis juvies

These were hatched out in the USA by Kelly Swift and Wow these things are growing like weeds!Can't wait until I can try and breed this species!

Next is a photo of my Cyriocosmus ritae female I took while re-housing her tonight

Love this species!And genus!I need more haha!!Little gems :D

Last up here is an older photo of one of my Coremiocnemis obscura females.

Very under rated spiders!I love the leg banding and bushy back legs on these guys!

Thanks for looking!I have a tonnn of re-housing to do this upcoming week so I'm sure I will flood this thread with lots of new photos soon!
-Chris

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
man.. i envy your collection. i like the lil borneo and the C. ritae.. hopefully ill be getting a couple soon from an AWESOME member here

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Keep up the great work!! Congrats on your 4th successful hatching of the "Borneo Black" species!!

:worship:

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi,
Been meaning to update this thread but been really busy over here!Lots of new stuff to post!

First off here's a couple newly molted adult females!

Phlogius sp."Stents"

Selenocosmia effera

This girl is getting huge!They look great freshly molted! :D

Here is a young Monocentropus balfouri female who just molted

And a young female Haplopelma lividum who is also freshly molted

Newly molted Haplopelma robustum male

Here is a young Haplopelma sp."Vietnam/Vonwirthi" female I recently acquired at the NY reptile show

Here is one of my Adult female Ornithoctonus sp."Malthai"

This is what my Ornithoctoninae sp."Prison de abeilles" females tank looks like hehe

This species webs a LOT!

This is a spider who needs a molt badly heh!

Phlogius sp."Goliath" Female

Here is a hopefully gravid Selenocosmiinae sp."Black" West Malaysia female

Been trying to breed these for some time now so hope I can have some success this year!

Heres a little Cyriocosmus sellatus spiderling I just got

Found yet one more Lamproplema sp."Borneo Black" eggsack last week!

Recently pulled another Cyriopagopus schioedtei eggsack and everything is looking great!

All of the Lyrognathus crotalus spiderlings have molted into 2nd instar and are now off to find new homes!

Heres some photos of one of my Xenesthis immanis females

Last off here is a little jumper I found out hiking the other day!

Habrocestum pulex - Adult Female

Thanks for looking!
-Chris

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another post full of awesome. Love the O. sp. H. robustum, gotsta get me one of those!

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Great stuff as usual Chris, Im curious why you went with the Haplopelma robustum label and dropped the whole Ornithoctonae sp. "Malaysia/Haplopelma robustum" or whatever. Was it just easier to type it that way, did something change?

Later, Tom

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Tom,
Seems like more people are labeling it that lately and yes I was being lazy to haha!
-Chris

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Between what you and Philth have cooking it appears that I need to place another order with Thornton Plastics, soon... :wink:

(Cyriopagopus schioedtei, yet one more Lamproplema sp."Borneo Black" eggsack, Selenocosmiinae sp."Black" West Malaysia female, Ornithoctonus sp."Malthai", "O. sp. H. robustum")

You have some great looking species there. Best of luck!!

Last edited: