New Grammostola Pulchripes Owner - Need Some Help

Kris10Zeig

Arachnopeon
Sorry to hear that. While most of the time they can survive lost limbs no problems, Slings are the most fragile lifestage. All the best with the new one.
Thank you, we appreciate it 🙏🏽

Looks like your T lost it's two front left limb in the last two pic. Probably just a bad molt. Not seeing any bleeding so nothing to worry about. Continue making sure it has ready access to drinking water and feed it pre killed prey and remove uneaten food until next molt. Should start regrowing the limbs again. A smaller enclosure may help with managing all the above.
Thank you 🙏🏽 Everyone has been so kind here. I'll be sure to update everyone on the new T. ❤

Any updates? How's your sling doing now?
We lost the sling. 💔

Please update us when you get the new sling. Once they get out of this early more susceptible stage, the easier it should become for all of you. They can be very fun to watch.
Thank you 🙏🏽 We are sad we lost our sling but are hopeful for the next one. I'll be sure to post once we bet the new T.

Sad to hear... I'm glad that this experience hasn't deterred you from tarantula keeping and that you're willing to give it another shot (it really is a fantastic thing!), with the advice you've been given here combined with the wealth of knowledge that already exists on the boards you'll be better placed to keep your new T. Be sure to keep us updated and ask if you need anything clarified. Good luck and I hope your son is ok going forward!!
Thank you! 🙏🏽 We are definitely still wanting to extend our family with a new sling. He's super pumped and has named our new one Macaroni Legs. He's 10 so imagination is limitless lol I'm so glad we found this place. I feel much better going forward knowing this type of support is out here. We will post updates once we receive Macaroni. RIP Lightning ⚡

It's good that you found a vendor that will help that way - most don't. You're definitely in the right place to get the advice you'll need to be successful with the next one!
Yes, I'm glad too. We should be receiving our new sling this Wednesday. Our son has named it Macaroni Legs 🍝lol We will post updates once we receive it!

Last edited by a moderator:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
So sorry to hear you lost your sling, but hopeful you will find much joy in raising Macaroni Legs. My daughter is 21 and nicknamed one of our slings Little Noodle. Proof imagination can survive into adulthood! ;-}

Kris10Zeig

Arachnopeon
So sorry to hear you lost your sling, but hopeful you will find much joy in raising Macaroni Legs. My daughter is 21 and nicknamed one of our slings Little Noodle. Proof imagination can survive into adulthood! ;-}
Must be a pasta thing 🤣 He is very excited and we are too. Thank you for reaching out and sharing!

Kris10Zeig

Arachnopeon
Welcome home, Macaroni Legs 🕷

Huge thank you to everyone who helped us with our beautiful baby T, Lightning ⚡. Even though our little one didn't make it past it's molt, we were able to work with the place on the 30 day live guarantee. So today we brought home Macaroni Legs. It's definitely bigger than our last sling and faster. This is the enclosure they want us to use so along with the corkpieces and fake leaves. I added the water but I'm not sure if the water bowl and enclosure are too big. I did ask when the last molt was so we can understand next feeding time along with keeping track for ourselves. 

This is the entire enclosure and ML for full reference.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: