*New Exotic Keeper's Record - download here.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi Max,

I modified the program to give a more detailed error message. If you could download and install the program then it will help me in diagnosing the problem.

Thanks,
John.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies John. I DLed the program again, now this is the message I get:

:?

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi Max,

Do you have the latest .NET framework installed? The latest being version 3.5.

Thanks,
John.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
John,

I was indeed running the 3.0 framework - I uninstalled TEKR, updated .NET to v3.5, and re-installed TEKR. Still no luck, but I am getting a different error message now:

Thank you for your help,

Max

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi Max,

I think I know what the problem is.
There is a problem loading the Media.Effects.DropShadowEffect type, which on the .NET framework 3.5, is software rendered. With the .NET framework service pack 1, Microsoft has changed this effect to be rendered on the GPU and changed the type name, thus the type can't be found.

The service pack for the framework can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
John.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
John - that did the trick! :) Thanks very much for your help sir, and thank you again for this program. :clap: :worship:

Max

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi,

At the moment, the records are sorted by ID. I'll add some sorting features on the next release.

In the meantime though, you could alter the ID to group all of the dead ones together.

Thanks,
John.
With the next version with the sorting, can you set it up so it can do something like below.

Avics...
-----Avic avic....
----------List of Avic avics...
-----Avic minatrix.....
----------List of Avic minatrix....
Pokies.....
-----Pokie formosa.....
----------List of Pokie formosa......

etc....

Could you possible build something into it like that?

Great program again! :worship:

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

I am currently in the process of adding a sorting feature to the program, and it's similar to what you have suggested.
The records will be sort either by ID, species name or status. Sorting by status will also allow sub sorting by ID and species name.

There will be a few other bug fixes too.

It should be ready either today or tomorrow sometime.

Thanks,
John.

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Excellent John! Thank you!

The more I play around with it, the more I like it.

Are the reports hard to create too? If you wanted to add additional ones I mean.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

The reports are a bit sparser than the previous version, as most people never used them anyway! Same goes for the charts. So I never bothered to expand on them. The main gripe was the poor history on various events.

There is another program out there called Metzcal, which is super detailed, but being so detailed is what puts people off using it. So you kind of have to find a middle ground.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

The program has now been updated.

There were a few bugs that needed to fixed, such as the global options not being saved, and also being able to feed and water dead animals. :)

Sorting has been added too. Just right click any record on the sidebar and the options will pop up.

Thanks,
John.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great program! This hobby needs more truly creative people like yourself. :clap: :worship: :clap:

blix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have to admit that I preferred the 1.2 version a lot more, since it was easier to navigate, and was less cluddy compared to the new version.

Still, I appreciate your effort and programs! :)

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Time/Date off

John,

Is there something with the program that makes it so it doesn't follow the system time? I just entered some feeding records and it's showing up as 7/8/2009 Wednesday, but it is still the 7th here.

Also, in version 1.2, you had a little calendar pop up that you could choose the day/date from. Will that be brought back in a future update?

Hope you don't mind all the questions/comments.

Thanks,

Brian

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi Brian,

The date should be set to your local time, not sure what's gone wrong there, but I'll take a look into it.

The date and time picker control is not currently available for WPF, which is what the program is built on. I wasn't keen on using third party controls or importing from winforms, so it got left out. It'll be added back though when it becomes available.

Any more questions, please ask. I don't mind. :)

John.