*New Exotic Keeper's Record - download here.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Is there something with the program that makes it so it doesn't follow the system time?
There was a bug with the local time not displaying correctly. Thanks for pointing it out to me. All fixed now.

Also, I found out that there is a datetime control released by Microsoft (although not perfect), so I added that in there too.

Thanks,
John.

bkelley02

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you!

Thanks for looking into and taking care of this so quickly.

The littel calendar you added is perfect as well. Makes it much easier!

Thank you again!

Brian

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi John quick question.
Is there a way to sort by species name in the all animals section?
When I choose sort by species name it only does it on the side bar.
In the all animals section it still sorts it by ID.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

There is no way to sort in that section yet, but I'll fix that on the next update.

Thanks,
John.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok cool
Thanks John.
This is an amazing program:D
I've loved it since the begining:D

natebugman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I may be a little slow with this, but to update to the newest version, do I have to uninstall the old one and then install the new one? If so, can my back up files just be restored into the new program or will I lose all that data?

bdprice1968

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for your work on this program, its pretty cool. Im sure its gonna be very helpful, especially in the future.

B

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

After lots of emails stating that the layout of the new version was horrible, :), I've reworked the interface today. Hopefully, it's more easier to use.

If this version seems better, I'll replace the other with it.

The files from version 2 are compatible, so it should load all of the existing records in. (Best to backup first though).
There is no setup yet, so it can be run from the folder after downloading.

Download Link

Thanks,
John.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome!!!! I like the new interface.....so much cleaner!!! When will there be a setup for this version? Also, being able to maximize to full screen would be nice as well.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Thanks. I'll probably get the setup ready for next week. If you find any bugs in the meantime though, let me know. Software bugs that is. :)

John.

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi, Loudog.

I used to have a huge collection of exotics, but I've scaled it down over the years. I just have a couple of tarantulas at the moment. :)

I've just updated the program again, which can be downloaded here:
Download

Again, there is no installer, It will run from the folder.

Now you can configure the list as you like; choose columns, arrange, etc.
View reports for highlighted entries.
Copy highlighted entries.
Maximise the window and arrange with a splitter.

Thanks,
John.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have had this for a while, my species on the left are all the same color, how to you add color to the tabs on the left??? opps didn't read the who;le thread LOL.....is the updated above what gives you the color....my wife downloaded ours from somewhere and I have no idea...will this download update my current one??"

Last edited:

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

The colour comes from the animal's current status. If it's dead, it's red, if it's sold, it's blue, etc.

The current download will not update or affect your existing version, but it will use the records from version 2. I haven't got around to building an installer yet, I'll probably get that done at the end of the week sometime.

Thanks,
John.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi,

The colour comes from the animal's current status. If it's dead, it's red, if it's sold, it's blue, etc.

The current download will not update or affect your existing version, but it will use the records from version 2. I haven't got around to building an installer yet, I'll probably get that done at the end of the week sometime.

Thanks,
John.
I have version 2 and just tried to download the newer version....and was unable to because I have the other one installed already...(it looks like the new one is version 2.0.1 and I have 2.0.0)....I just installed the new version and all of my old records are there, which is cool, but it doesn't appear to want to let me edit them (all of those buttons are greyed out) - add new breeding or molting data (note: I can add new info to new T's I add, except that when I click on the buttons on a newly added T - the application shuts down??)....but I like this new layout - would just like to know how to add info....???

Last edited:

JohnC

Arachnopeon
Hi,

The new program is here:
Download

I haven't uploaded it to my webspace yet. When you download it, you can unzip it and run it straight from the folder. You won't have to uninstall the older version.

If this version fails to edit the records, can you send me any error messages you receive?

Thanks,
John.

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
John I did what you said to do (unzipping it and all) and it won't read any of my backup records.

Edit: Actually I finally opened my backup record and everything was wiped out by the installation of the new version. I lost everything.

Last edited:

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'll wait to you have this down. I'd rather not deal what everyone else is dealing with lol.