New corn snake..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I was at Petco getting some grub for the snakes.. There was this cute little corn snake trying its hardest to get out.. I pulled it out & held it..

It is the cutest tiny little booger!

I ain't never had a corn before & I have been wanting one.. So I got it!

They had one that looked ghostly (?)... If its still there in a few days I might go get it.. :D

When I get home I will take some pictures of it.. (I am on the phone right now..)

Im sure its just a normal corn but its cute.. Its name is cuddles.. (Named by the neice..)

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gotta love the cornies. Some of the best snake pets. Can't wait to see the pics.

Matt

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I am finally heading home now.. Soon as I get there I have to drill some holes in its new container.. After that I will get some pictures of the little one.. :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The pictures...

This little booger didnt mind eating as soon as I got it in its enclosure.. :D

First.. Its enclosure...

Some shots of the little one eating & after he got the little pinkie down.. :)

The other one that I plan to get is a grey-ish white-ish color.. Zero coloration like the one I got today..

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice little red rat- both the mouse and the snake! {D

Some great shots! :)

possumburg

Arachnosquire
That is an awesome snake! Soon as I get my new camera Monday I'll have to get some pics of mine.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Tommy, Had to lay down awhile- pain meds had me temporarily swimming.

Corn snakes are rat snakes. They were formerly Elaphe gutatta (spelling?). Quite some time ago, many u.s. ratsnakes in genus Elaphe were re-assigned to genus Pantherophis, or split off entirely as something else- as may well be with corn snakes. I haven't kept track of it. The other in reference to a southern colloquialistic trend toward calling any rodent a rat. :)

You've got yourself a nice one. The snake, that is! :}

Terry

edit- yep, I thought so. Just switch the t's around in the sp epithet.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is an awesome snake! Soon as I get my new camera Monday I'll have to get some pics of mine.
Thanks! Cant wait to see some pictures of yours.. :D
Tommy, Had to lay down awhile- pain meds had me temporarily swimming.

Corn snakes are rat snakes. They were formerly Elaphe gutatta (spelling?). Quite some time ago, many u.s. ratsnakes in genus Elaphe were re-assigned to genus Pantherophis, or split off entirely as something else- as may well be with corn snakes. I haven't kept track of it. The other in reference to a southern colloquialistic trend toward calling any rodent a rat. :)

You've got yourself a nice one. The snake, that is! :}

Terry

edit- yep, I thought so. Just switch the t's around in the sp epithet.
Terry.. Thanks for clearing that up for me.. :eek: Im not one that knows much about snakes scientific names & all the history of them...
I thought corn snakes eat corn?? :?:? :D Cute snake!
Thanks! I also thought they ate corn... I tried corn-on-the-cob, corn off the cob, sweet corn, & cream corn... It wouldnt take any of it... So I thought "Hey there is a pinkie running across the floor.. Lets try that!".. It worked.. {D

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, only problem is, there kinda like Tarantulas. Now I want more! lol
Yeah... LoL! I was only suppose to have one snake..
Now.. I pretty much have five.. Plus two bearded dragons... :rolleyes:

DrJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah... LoL! I was only suppose to have one snake..
Now.. I pretty much have five.. Plus two bearded dragons... :rolleyes:
You're doing good. I have many more than five snakes. Just wait untill you decide you need a boa...all those morphs will get you hooked!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're doing good. I have many more than five snakes. Just wait untill you decide you need a boa...all those morphs will get you hooked!
LoL! I already have a boa... & want more... I LOVE boas.. The morphs are amazing! :drool: For now though.. I cant get the snakes that are going to take up more space... :eek:

Maybe (Hopefully!) this time next year I will be buying a nice house of my own.. One where I can have a bigger critter room.. :D