New corn snake..

MichiganReptiles

Arachnobaron
Awesome little corn snake, Tommy! I just got into corn snakes myself. I bought my first - a motley het lavender corn - at the last Michigan Reptile Expo. I also bought a Ruthveni King Snake baby :)

You should post the pics on the Michigan Reptiles Facebook page! I love when people share their pictures :)

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Corns are great snakes, i had a 5 1/2 foot Amber Corn up untill a month ago, had to sell her because of the new baby, texas wont let you own a snake and have a newborn at the same time... She went to a good home tho, a JR high science teacher bought her to be the "class pet"

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome little corn snake, Tommy! I just got into corn snakes myself. I bought my first - a motley het lavender corn - at the last Michigan Reptile Expo. I also bought a Ruthveni King Snake baby :)

You should post the pics on the Michigan Reptiles Facebook page! I love when people share their pictures :)
One of these days I will get some pictures up of Sweet-Pea.. :D
Awesome, Tommy! Love them corns..
Here's my boy:
View attachment 86724
Wow he is a good looking boy.. I cant wait until these grow.. :razz:
Such a pretty little cutie!
Thanks! :)
Corns are great snakes, i had a 5 1/2 foot Amber Corn up untill a month ago, had to sell her because of the new baby, texas wont let you own a snake and have a newborn at the same time... She went to a good home tho, a JR high science teacher bought her to be the "class pet"
Umm... What?! My sister had a snake when she had both her kids.. :? I have ived in Texas my hole life & never heard that before.. ;)

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It just takes one call to CPS and thay will come out and make you get rid of the snake or thay will take the baby. I found that out after several people kept telling me it and i called and had it confirmed. CPS frowns apon having a baby and owning snakes or rodents thay are afraid thay will eat the baby.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It just takes one call to CPS and thay will come out and make you get rid of the snake or thay will take the baby. I found that out after several people kept telling me it and i called and had it confirmed. CPS frowns apon having a baby and owning snakes or rodents thay are afraid thay will eat the baby.
What ever:rolleyes:I did get rid of my hots when my kids were toddlers because of good reason.Cps is a good thing as long as they are more educated on what critters are potentially dangerous.Hell in that case a kitty cat can be dangerous as well if the parent is not responsible.

Not flaming you with the rolling eyes it was meant towards CPS;)

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yah its stupid, thay said since my corn was over 1 foot i had to get rid of her, she was 5 and a 1/2 feet long, but she did go to a good home. a science teacher bought her to show her 5th grade classes that snakes are not "slimy" and teach them about snakes. "hands on experiance" kind of thing.

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yah its stupid, thay said since my corn was over 1 foot i had to get rid of her, she was 5 and a 1/2 feet long, but she did go to a good home. a science teacher bought her to show her 5th grade classes that snakes are not "slimy" and teach them about snakes. "hands on experiance" kind of thing.
Wow big corn,so glad it went to educationally, great for the kiddos and the hobby,at least one of those kids are going to want to be in the hobby:D

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow big corn,so glad it went to educationally, great for the kiddos and the hobby,at least one of those kids are going to want to be in the hobby:D
Yup thats why im happy she was the person that bought our "popcorn" yah my husband was real creative with the name lol

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
That's just the most bizarre thing I've ever heard... We had (and still have) rats during both my first son's birth and this newborn, and when my oldest son was born, we even had a woman come in for a home check to see how the baby was doing after coming home from the hospital. The rats were in two huge 5 foot tall cages in the living room, right next to the front door, and she just asked about them and that was it. Apparently she's seen other new moms with rats as well.

With this one, we also have the garter babies and the eggeater snakes. Then again, i live in Maryland, but I always thought Texas was more of a "don't touch my stuff" state than MD was.

Good that the snake went someplace decent. I'd be more concerned about a newborn and dogs than I would a corn snake. The dog could actually do more harm, faster.

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with you on that one. oh well next year im starting a reptile buisness with a friend of mine that already has his up and running and im just gunna keep my reptiles that i get then, at the shop so i have no worries about some one reporting be for having them in my home with the baby, sadly my grandmother would.

SpiderGuy814

Arachnopeon
So I was at Petco getting some grub for the snakes.. There was this cute little corn snake trying its hardest to get out.. I pulled it out & held it..

It is the cutest tiny little booger!

I ain't never had a corn before & I have been wanting one.. So I got it!

They had one that looked ghostly (?)... If its still there in a few days I might go get it.. :D

When I get home I will take some pictures of it.. (I am on the phone right now..)

Im sure its just a normal corn but its cute.. Its name is cuddles.. (Named by the neice..)
Corn snakes are some of the best around and they are the best beginner snakes. they grow fast and are garabage disposals they eat any and everything they can get down their throat I fed my corns everything from mice to parrakeets to gerbils and theyve never refused a meal. lol...

And these snakes NEVER have a bad day however their feeding response is always on so as soon as they smell those mice or whatever prey you have expect to be mistaking for food a few times even though its by accident.

Enjoy the corn snake they are addictive!!!

kevin91172

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's just the most bizarre thing I've ever heard... We had (and still have) rats during both my first son's birth and this newborn, and when my oldest son was born, we even had a woman come in for a home check to see how the baby was doing after coming home from the hospital. The rats were in two huge 5 foot tall cages in the living room, right next to the front door, and she just asked about them and that was it. Apparently she's seen other new moms with rats as well.

With this one, we also have the garter babies and the eggeater snakes. Then again, i live in Maryland, but I always thought Texas was more of a "don't touch my stuff" state than MD was.

Good that the snake went someplace decent. I'd be more concerned about a newborn and dogs than I would a corn snake. The dog could actually do more harm, faster.
I lived in Texas all my life and always in the used to be small town of Needville, the "LAW" never try to intervene with us much. if we are not acting fools which we do not.The Schneider family has been here for well over 150 + years.So they turn the other cheek if we do something questionable .Because we always help our neighbors,in barn building,fixing old cars,water wells,a/c,and so on and always helping the good ones temporarily down on their luck;)

Last edited: