Nervous about my first Tarantula purchase.

goonius

Arachnoknight
I'm just really drawn to the OBT's. (snip) I've got more experience than your average noob I guess.

I do know I want an Arboreal at least.
...So, what happens when this guy sets up an arboreal enclosure for an OBT?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dated finikan
Is that a Norwegian fish? I certainly don't know nor care who or what that is. If you dated the Pope, so what. Doesn’t mean you’d know a thing about religion.

I provided you a great suggestion, and made an observation about the sequence of events you provided all of us.

1. Did tons of research
2.Then someone told me....

Tons of research, like I said, maybe your idea of tons of research is different than others. I've seen people come in here with tons of research, and I've seen others, w/their so-called "tons" of research. It's a joke comparing the 2 groups.

...So, what happens when this guy sets up an arboreal enclosure for an OBT?
Nothing would surprise me after doing "tons" of research.

Last edited:

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I've got more experience than your average noob I guess.
Welcome, but calling you out on this. An obt is pretty hardy, so your fear of killing it is proof in the pudding you have not done nearly enough research; if copy/pasting it’s scientific name into a post means you’re smarter than the average bear then that’s a new one for me.

I like finikan‘s post and have nothing but positive things to say about her. Your posts only point to you ready to come in blazing for a conflict. Tisk-tisk.

If you want an obt ask the question(s) you want to ask and don’t beat around the bush and waste people’s time.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
About the whole tong thing. What if you rigged up some chopsticks? Ts would be less likely to break fangs if they're biting into wood, right?

That sounds great. Actually, I got Curly Hairs mixed up with Rose Hairs. Rose Hairs are the boring ones that get a bad rap.
My rosea is definitely a spood with tude , tbh most of my 27 t' s are chilled but food time or rehousing my rosea is a beast she won't back down to anything 100% spood with tude. I have no ow but I have a few nw that are ment to have tude sazimai gbb geniculata ect n she by far is my spood with the most sass... I adore her 🥰🥰🥰

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
You won’t have to worry much about a obt as a newbie.. Just relax.. you’ll very much enjoy seeing your free range obt when ever it happens to pop up around the house.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
My rosea is definitely a spood with tude , tbh most of my 27 t' s are chilled but food time or rehousing my rosea is a beast she won't back down to anything 100% spood with tude. I have no ow but I have a few nw that are ment to have tude sazimai gbb geniculata ect n she by far is my spood with the most sass... I adore her 🥰🥰🥰
A. genic is on my one day list.

Being relatively new I went for a mix of T’s and ended up with a fair number of ow/nw I can honestly say I’m kicking
myself in the rear for missing out on some of the commonly recommended nw.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
A. genic is on my one day list.

Being relatively new I went for a mix of T’s and ended up with a fair number of ow/nw I can honestly say I’m kicking
myself in the rear for missing out on some of the commonly recommended nw.
Unfortunately my geniculata isn't like others he was rescued and was injured when I got him, his legs were all damaged on one side and his movements are robotic .He has never been food aggressive or even really moved much till after 6 months he finally moulted for me he has started taking food but he still has the robotic movements I am hopeful that after another moult he will be back to his geniculata self . I have alot of the common nw sp I have built up over the past 10 months ranging from little slings to AFs started with more docile sp like baumgarteni, emilia , tortuguero ect then once I was confident I moved up a bit geniculata sazimai versicolor ect then recently got some a bit more skittish pulcher, gbb, rasti , so far I have had good success no escaped no mistakes no deaths touch wood , they all have excellent growth rate eg my baumgarteni went from a 1cm sling to a 2.5 ich female in 10 months 😊
I plan on moving soon though and will start with the 3 ow I am interested in once I have built my t wall 😁