Need opinion on gender of A.seemanni

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I know this is in the wrong sub forum but I never get any comments when I post pics in the sexing gallery.. This little one just fell into my lap and it's recently molted so the abdomen is pretty small.. What do you guys think male or female? I'm leaning towards male right now.. Thanks for any opinion you have to offer. 20161113_192720.jpg 20161113_192701.jpg 20161113_192613.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'm terrible at ventral sexing, but I'm going male. If you slow down that growth, I've got a female that will be ready within a molt or two :D

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm terrible at ventral sexing, but I'm going male. If you slow down that growth, I've got a female that will be ready within a molt or two :D
Lol.. He is scary thin and is getting a nice fat anole tomorrow.. It's hard to tell but he is damb close to 5 inches so I'm guessing he is penultimate.. Don't think she will be ready in time..

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Lol.. He is scary thin and is getting a nice fat anole tomorrow.. It's hard to tell but he is damb close to 5 inches so I'm guessing he is penultimate.. Don't think she will be ready in time..
Whoa, he's 5"? Wouldn't have guessed that from the picture. Yeah, she won't even be through her next molt by the time he's ready.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Whoa, he's 5"? Wouldn't have guessed that from the picture. Yeah, she won't even be through her next molt by the time he's ready.
Yea he's a big boy ( probably) Lol.. I don't know, if I can find a nice dark female like him I may attempt a breeding.. I haven't bred this species so I may try my hand.. If not I'll send him out..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First picture is to blurry to guess on.

Second picture I'd say male.

Third picture has me thinking female. Like the little fuzzies are covering her goods that's scream "I'm a lady"!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yea he's a big boy ( probably) Lol.. I don't know, if I can find a nice dark female like him I may attempt a breeding.. I haven't bred this species so I may try my hand.. If not I'll send him out..
I know that @Blue Jaye has a gorgeous large female, but I don't know when her last molt was.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
First picture is to blurry to guess on.

Second picture I'd say male.

Third picture has me thinking female. Like the little fuzzies are covering her goods that's scream "I'm a lady"!
Yup same problem I'm having.. I think I can see the "dot"( epiandrous fusillae) but there are hairs that are protruding over the furrow also so I'm a bit confused.. If it wasn't so damn thin it would be alot easier!

Im going to get him fattend over the next few weeks so hopefully things will be easier.. He's eating a big juicy discoid at the moment:)..

Last edited:

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well when you get him fattened up. Post some more pictures. Maybe all the male guesses are all wrong and you have a girly.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Well when you get him fattened up. Post some more pictures. Maybe all the male guesses are all wrong and you have a girly.
Once he's at healthy body weight I should be able to tell myself but I'll post pics just for fun..Lol..

He's munching on his second 1inch roach for today and if he finishes it before I fall asleep I'll toss in a third. As long as he maintains an appetite I should be able to pull him around rather quick..