My tarantula Lady Delilah is amazingly intelligent and believe we have much to learn

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I am extremely gentle q-tip is nice to stroke her legs
You might want something longer, like a paintbrush, for those times when you need to nudge her over. A Q-tip leaves your fingers pretty close should she decide to flick hairs or bite.

Last edited:

Stinkwadbethann

Arachnopeon
You might want something longer, like a paintbrush, for those times when you need to nudge her over. A Q-tip leaves your fingers pretty close should she decide to flick hairs or bite.
She would never bite. Extremely docile. Had her almost 11 years. I have to take videos and post from computer.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
She would never bite. Extremely docile. Had her almost 11 years. I have to take videos and post from computer.
Darkness975 nailed it. These changes can be caused by a breeze, such as breathing, or a loud noise. Tarantulas, especially rose hairs, have been known to change personalities drastically after molting. Little angels like yours could molt into little demon spawn with no warning. Not saying this WILL happen but it very well could. Its probably more likely than winning the lottery, honestly. Just want you to be aware that these things do and have happened to people all the time :).

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@Stinkwadbethann
Aren't you sensitive to the urticating hairs? You know they can be trouble when inhaled or caught in your eyes right?
Strange name you have by the way...

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Really???? So I've been singing this in clubs wrong all these years?? That's hilarious :rofl::rofl:
Well...a point in my defense...I was mostly drunk when hearing/singing this song....:bucktooth:
Kinda like me, realizing just recently that in "Purple Haze" Jimi Hendrix doesn't sing "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"...

Edit: Whoa! I googled it, and "kiss this guy" is a thing that even Jimi messed with.

OT, sorry...

Stinkwadbethann

Arachnopeon
@Stinkwadbethann
Aren't you sensitive to the urticating hairs? You know they can be trouble when inhaled or caught in your eyes right?
Strange name you have by the way...
Stinkwad was the name of my now deceased iguana girl. Yes they can shoot hairs. I would be shocked if it ever happened. We all have good days and bad. If she doesn't want to come out i leave her when she does it is wonderful. She molted recently and strangely wants to come out and stretch. She has a room to roam while i supervise

Stinkwadbethann

Arachnopeon
Darkness975 nailed it. These changes can be caused by a breeze, such as breathing, or a loud noise. Tarantulas, especially rose hairs, have been known to change personalities drastically after molting. Little angels like yours could molt into little demon spawn with no warning. Not saying this WILL happen but it very well could. Its probably more likely than winning the lottery, honestly. Just want you to be aware that these things do and have happened to people all the time :).
Yes she is old girl. She molted last month. She has permission to bite me if she wants. I bet a million she never would though. I never seen her do uricating hair thing. She is extra special

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Kinda like me, realizing just recently that in "Purple Haze" Jimi Hendrix doesn't sing "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"...

Edit: Whoa! I googled it, and "kiss this guy" is a thing that even Jimi messed with.

OT, sorry...
.........SKY!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yes she is old girl. She molted last month. She has permission to bite me if she wants. I bet a million she never would though. I never seen her do uricating hair thing. She is extra special
Has she ever had a bald spot, just out of curiosity....