My Praying mantids

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I know what you mean. Have you kept mantids before?
I didn't before owning tarantula, so every time a mantis molted I was like, 'what, again!?' Because I was used to the molt cycles of tarantula:D

louise f

Arachnoangel
I know what you mean. Have you kept mantids before?
I didn't before owning tarantula, so every time a mantis molted I was like, 'what, again!?' Because I was used to the molt cycles of tarantula:D
Yes i did way back, sounds like I`m old huh. Haha :D I have had Miomantis paykullii not the most exciting species to have :bored::D
Hehe, yeah they are pretty fast with those molts. But unfortunately they dont live so long, that is the saddest part. So enjoy them while you have them, they are so much fascinating creatures for sure. <3:)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yes i did way back, sounds like I`m old huh. Haha :D I have had Miomantis paykullii not the most exciting species to have :bored::D
Hehe, yeah they are pretty fast with those molts. But unfortunately they dont live so long, that is the saddest part. So enjoy them while you have them, they are so much fascinating creatures for sure. <3:)
That's their only negative. Mantids don't live long. I know that's the hand that nature has dealt them but it just doesn't seem right for such magnificent creatures. It's saddening watching them coming to an end.

louise f

Arachnoangel
That's their only negative. Mantids don't live long. I know that's the hand that nature has dealt them but it just doesn't seem right for such magnificent creatures. It's saddening watching them coming to an end.
Yeah it does not seem fair at all, sometimes mother nature is way to cruel. Mantids are so cute and beautiful they deserve to live much longer than they do. <3

louise f

Arachnoangel
Sphodromantis lineola

Wow they molted a couple of times since i last posted pics of them, they are nice. <3

IMG_2383.JPG IMG_2384.JPG IMG_2390.JPG

louise f

Arachnoangel
Popa spurca

These little beautiful "ants" looking mantids popped out to say hi today. Adorable little buggers <3:D
Cant wait for them to grow :)

IMG_2414.JPG IMG_2415.JPG IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2418.JPG