My new 'Rose Hair'

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, Sunday my better half and I drove back home from the ATS conference in Carlsbad. We decided to stop by a Petco in Santa Fe to pick up crickets for all our new companions and while we were there I noticed they had some spiders. So of course I couldn’t resist the temptation and bought one, a beautiful 3.5-inch or so ‘Rose Hair’ she is a very well mannered ‘Rose Hair’ though she kicks a bit. Well needless to say they were all out of crickets and their mealworms were mostly dead but it wasn’t a complete loss, after all I, eventually, made it home (whole other story) with a new ‘Rose Hair’. Anyway without further ado here is a picture of my new $14.99 ‘Rose Hair’… enjoy =D

Last edited:

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't wait till I go into a pet store and find that "color phase" rosey.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You got yourself a deal there.That's not a rose hair but rather a mexican(brachypelma)..looks to be a possible redknee(B.smithi)..good buy!...peace..

abstract

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That does suck though - my Petco only has 'rose hairs' that look like yours for 100$ - and they're kept horribly :(

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
lol you were jokin bout the whole rose hair thing right? Im guessing you were, but im not 100% sure. But if thats what they sold you as a rose hair for 14.99 ur a lucky bastard :p

peace

TheDon

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by abstract
I've noticed sarcasm is hard to pick up on in the written form ;)
>picked it up the second time I read it...lol..:?

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pelo-

yes... it does look frighteningly like a B. smithi doesn't it? I'm sure if that manager said it was a Rose Hair then it must be, right? JK

Actually they didn't have any Rose Hairs, plenty of Pinktoes, Curly Hairs, and the one MRK, go figure.

Buspirone-

Acording to the manager that is the most common color phase for Rose Hairs. If you have anything diffrent then it must by a rare one ;).

DiStUrBeD-OnE-

Haven't sexed it yet, maybe tonight but I have a 5-inch female so I wouldn't complain either way.

Matt

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea... but gettin a female B. Smithi for 15 bucks would be 5X Better than getting a male :D

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No joking Don. That was the cheapest smithi I have ever seen. I couldn't pass that offer up. I just wish they had more.

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheDon
lol you were jokin bout the whole rose hair thing right? Im guessing you were, but im not 100% sure. But if thats what they sold you as a rose hair for 14.99 ur a lucky bastard :p

peace

TheDon

couldnt of said it better myself

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
lol

DUde I love that color phase of that rosie. It looks so nice. well any ways I was joking. It looks like B. smithi or B. annitha
well any ways ur red knee phase rosie is so much cooler than my red phase and brown phase rosies

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea... but gettin a female B. Smithi for 15 bucks would be 5X Better than getting a male

Tonight, a reply from MrMatt:

Dang... that dang 'Rose Hair' is a male! I'm taking it back right now, they promised me it was a girl!;)

Yes it would be very cool though if it turns out to be a she.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
@MrMatt

Hey u gots a good deal $15 for that beauty is so cool.
i FINALLY got that you knew you didn't have a rosie. I feel dumb now ima go eat some pie. any one want some?
geo

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
But id be pretty cool if it turned male also.. could mate em in the future.. Either way, You got a freakin AWESOME Deal..

Ian

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, what an incredible deal. for those of you who don't know, a B. smithi (which is what he actually has, a Mexican Red Knee) run about $80 for that size.

nice. very smooth. :) what a moronic manager. lol.

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Perhaps he has a P. metallica he's selling cheaply as a Curly....

Where's this store again?;) =D

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well... After a run around the room that left me itching like a flea ridden dog I am fairly confident my new 'Rose Hair' is a she. :)

Now I need to plan to go back to the store and pick up some of those P. Metallicas... I mean Pinktoes. JK =D