My first tarantula...Goliath bird eater.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
robc

robc could really give you some great ideas you ought to watch some of his youtube vids he can help you out iam sure.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When the one I have dies I'm buying a female t blondi. It's about 8 inches now how long do you think before it dies.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Please start researching for yourself...use the search function on this site - it'll answer all of the questions you're asking.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is like if I say should I drink Coke or Sprite.

Thats is absolutely up to you.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They are quite similar.
Theraphosa blondi is known to be the largest spider on earth. Its has more setae on the legs, coloration wise is a tiny bit different, although depending on the molt stage...

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Which one is nicer?

They both have terrible urticating hairs.

Why not start with something like G. pulchripes instead so you can get your feet wet before jumping into the quicksand?

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
Which one is nicer?

They both have terrible urticating hairs.

Why not start with something like G. pulchripes instead so you can get your feet wet before jumping into the quicksand?
sometimes people just need to be thrown into quicksand.. for them to realize that it wasnt the best idea.. lol

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We tried our hand with the Theraphosa sp. and it didn't exactly turn out well. We had ordered 2 females and a male...they all turned out to be male, so we got replacements that were also supposed to be female...but they turned out to be male as well. A few of them died because of bad molts, and we decided to hold off on trying to raise and breed the goliaths for now. We have a LP sling that we have been raising and another Theraphosa sling. They are fun enough for now. It helps that they were CB, instead of WC.