Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

My first tarantula...Goliath bird eater.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Jacobchinarian, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Advertisement
    robc

robc could really give you some great ideas you ought to watch some of his youtube vids he can help you out iam sure.

2. Jacobchinarian

Jacobchinarian Arachnoknight

When the one I have dies I'm buying a female t blondi. It's about 8 inches now how long do you think before it dies.

3. xhexdx

xhexdx ArachnoGod Old Timer

Please start researching for yourself...use the search function on this site - it'll answer all of the questions you're asking.

4. Jacobchinarian

Should I get a t blondi or another t sp. Burgundy when this 1 dies.

5. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

That is like if I say should I drink Coke or Sprite.

Thats is absolutely up to you.

6. y not one of each ;) more means better chance of female, survival, exp but hey its how ever you make it man

7. Jacobchinarian

What are the strong points of the 2. Like which ones nicer etc.

8. Fran

Fran Arachnoprince

They are quite similar.
    Theraphosa blondi is known to be the largest spider on earth. Its has more setae on the legs, coloration wise is a tiny bit different, although depending on the molt stage...

9. xhexdx

xhexdx ArachnoGod Old Timer

Which one is nicer?

They both have terrible urticating hairs.

Why not start with something like G. pulchripes instead so you can get your feet wet before jumping into the quicksand?

10. pwilson5

pwilson5 Arachnoknight

sometimes people just need to be thrown into quicksand.. for them to realize that it wasnt the best idea.. lol

11. kenzie

kenzie Arachnosquire

We tried our hand with the Theraphosa sp. and it didn't exactly turn out well. We had ordered 2 females and a male...they all turned out to be male, so we got replacements that were also supposed to be female...but they turned out to be male as well. A few of them died because of bad molts, and we decided to hold off on trying to raise and breed the goliaths for now. We have a LP sling that we have been raising and another Theraphosa sling. They are fun enough for now. It helps that they were CB, instead of WC.

12. Touuuuchhhhhe... though unfortunately, it may be to the tarantula's cost.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.