My female T. blondi "Zilla" laid a sac!! Finally!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
LOL,just like on the car forums I am a member of.somehting simple just gets ugly and out of control. This IS a HOBBY,right?I am starting to forget that around here.....
More drama than a hobby.....

Lunar

Arachnopeon
Wrong LOL...I do not like your kind on my youtube page...thats all LOL
Come on Rob, we don't need name calling or prejudice like that. They asked you for you to answer to simple questions. Even if it was in a rude manner they did not call you any names (that I am aware of). Moose also asked you a question which you ignored and are still ignoring for that matter. Rob, Moose, Jon3800, you are the guys that got me into this hobby from youtube. So I would expect you to act more mature and explain to people what they call you out on, or admit you are wrong. (I'm not saying you are.) When you are very knowledgeable. Pride means nothing over the internet. Please learn this.

EDIT : Congrats on the sac, I wouldn't mind buying some from you if its good one day.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I recieved no PM's or encouragment from anyone to post my opinion here.
It is nice to actually be able to see someone's 'true colors' as well as their level of honestly and integrity.

Oh Yeah,

Darn.:)
You make me laugh LOL....you know nothing about me LOL

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
I agre, I know joe PMed his little clan to come over to this thread.
Nope, actually came here all on my own :rolleyes:

No one sent me, I am very capable of thinking for myself.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can guarantee everybody that NOBODY forced me to come to this thread, neither I have anything against you Rob.

Lets just not talk about drama , please ;).

I just have first hand info on things, and must confirm again that Joe is not making anything up.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Come on Rob, we don't need name calling or prejudice like that. They asked you for you to answer simple questions. Even if it was in a rude manner they did not call you any names (that I am aware of). Moose also asked you a question which you ignored and are still ignoring for that matter. Rob, Moose, Jon3800, you are the guys that got me into this hobby from youtube. So I would expect you to act more mature and explain to people what they call you out on, or admit you are wrong. (I'm not saying you are.) When you are very knowledgeable. Pride means nothing over the internet. Please learn this.

EDIT : Congrats on the sac, I wouldn't mind buying some from you if its good one day.
Wasn't prejudice, I just do not care for him....really can't say why on the open forum.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
+1 for me too :)
Ooh Shelley getting in on the battle.

Making a personal threat is a low blow, Rob, and you know it. Joe wasn't threatening you, he was merely pointing out misinformation (which seems to be the new thing around here as of late). Rob, you are in a very public spotlight and as it has been proven numerous times that there are many people here you worship the ground you walk on (so making remarks about Joe's fans is a little hypocritical, I'd say). Because of this level of 'stardom' you have reached both on here and YouTube, you are more open to scrutiny than a lot of other hobbyists, and it's more important because you are influencing so many people...especially those just joining the hobby who go to your tutorials for help. You're not immune to criticism or mistakes just because you're popular to (mostly) everyone.

Joe had every right to post that PM that Rob sent him, and unfortunately for Rob I think it lost him a lot of people's respect (including us). Also, going after a past experience with Rick, that didn't even really belong in this thread, was also uncalled for. He just pointed out that you said you had bred 450 species of tarantulas, and all you had to say was that it was a typo (which everyone makes), instead of bringing up a past mistake.

Cassandra and Mackenzie

EDIT: Wow...11 posts while I was typing this...I thought I was a fast typer :(

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joe and rob I got a solution for you two just need to meet up get some boxing gloves and beat the crap out of each other. Joe you don't like rob. Rob you don't like Joe why don't you two just ignore each other. This might be hard for you Joe. Seein how you always post on robs threads. Like Brett said this is a hobby. Jesus Christ grow up

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I can guarantee everybody that NOBODY forced me to come to this thread, neither I have anything against you Rob.

Lets just not talk about drama , please ;).

I just have first hand info on things, and must confirm again that Joe is not making anything up.
What is this first hand knowledge Fran? what are you referring to?

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
This thread is a fine example of why solid information is hard to come by on AB. For every useful tidbit of information within a thread, there are pages upon pages of unnecessary commentary, personal spats, chest thumping, conjecture & "I've been in the hobby for such and such".

It's utterly frustrating to find one piece of information tucked away amongst 25 pages of blather & then have some pseudo-egghead tell you to "do a search" when you can't find the needle in the haystack.

There are lots of knowledgeable people in the hobby that DON'T come here exactly because of this.

This is not directed completely at Joe or Rob, but at everyone of the "old guard" who need desperately to step down from their self appointed pedestal and remember why you initially came to be interested in the hobby. I'm pretty damn sure that it wasn't competitive spirit. Please stop pissing in your own pool. Thanks!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This thread is a fine example of why solid information is hard to come by on AB. For every useful tidbit of information within a thread, there are pages upon pages of unnecessary commentary, personal spats, chest thumping, conjecture & "I've been in the hobby for such and such".

It's utterly frustrating to find one piece of information tucked away amongst 25 pages of blather & then have some pseudo-egghead tell you to "do a search" when you can't find the needle in the haystack.

There are lots of knowledgeable people in the hobby that DON'T come here exactly because of this.

This is not directed completely at Joe or Rob, but at everyone of the "old guard" who need desperately to step down from their self appointed pedestal and remember why you initially came to be interested in the hobby. I'm pretty damn sure that it wasn't competitive spirit. Please stop pissing in your own pool. Thanks!
Yes. And nothing is done about it.I will sit here and await my "infraction" for saying that now.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is this first hand knowledge Fran? what are you referring to?
Im referring about Zilla. I know where she came from, how big she was...Etc.
And thats why I felt that I had to reply.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ooh Shelley getting in on the battle.

Making a personal threat is a low blow, Rob, and you know it. Joe wasn't threatening you, he was merely pointing out misinformation (which seems to be the new thing around here as of late). Rob, you are in a very public spotlight and as it has been proven numerous times that there are many people here you worship the ground you walk on (so making remarks about Joe's fans is a little hypocritical, I'd say). Because of this level of 'stardom' you have reached both on here and YouTube, you are more open to scrutiny than a lot of other hobbyists, and it's more important because you are influencing so many people...especially those just joining the hobby who go to your tutorials for help. You're not immune to criticism or mistakes just because you're popular to (mostly) everyone.

Joe had every right to post that PM that Rob sent him, and unfortunately for Rob I think it lost him a lot of people's respect (including us). Also, going after a past experience with Rick, that didn't even really belong in this thread, was also uncalled for. He just pointed out that you said you had bred 450 species of tarantulas, and all you had to say was that it was a typo (which everyone makes), instead of bringing up a past mistake.

Cassandra and Mackenzie

EDIT: Wow...11 posts while I was typing this...I thought I was a fast typer :(
He has done the same to me, but on a open forum, I do not care if I am wrong, everyone is...I never tryed to be in this so called "spotlight" everyone is always saying....I just like making vids....Joe is a button pusher....he comes to all of my threads and highjacks them...so I have NO respect for someone like that. I did state it was a typo. Me and ricks dealing didn't belong here...but either did any of ricks/joes post??? this is a Blondi thread;) If I lost your respect I am sorry, but everyone has a breaking point.......I am done with him and will just ignore him.:)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Im referring about Zilla. I know where she came from, how big she was...Etc.
And thats why I felt that I had to reply.
I know you do, I think you are the one who sent me to Ron, she was about 9"+ maybe more....you KNOW how big those blondi's are...that I agree!;)

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
lol :eek:

Thats the problem.
First of all, I really want to make clear that I have nothing against Rob and no jealousy whatsoever about anybody or anything here.

But the problems comes when sentences like that come into play.

Its extremely hard to believe that Rob has been 22 years studying T Blondi with trips to the French Guyana when he got into this boards in 2007 with some "newby" questions. It is possible, just hard to believe.
Congrats on the sac Rob!!

Hi Fran,
I hope you are well. :)
Just to make a point, I started importing T's when I was twelve directly from several different continents. When I was 19 I imported 500 P fortis from Columbia. I spent 2 months camping by myself in French Guyana when I was 18. I raised silkmoths for 4 months in Costa Rica when I was 20. Once I had 20 L parahybana sacs at one time when I was 30. I've successfully bred a dozen different species. I'm just about to turn 49, but I joined the boards for the first time about 2 years ago. I have lots of experience with some species and no experience with others and likely would ask silly questions compared to many more experienced breeders. I don't think the date when someone joins the boards has anything to do with their experience.

If Rob successfully produced a sac, that's great. Let's celebrate with him. And I am jealous. I wish I could keep T blondi but it's the only specie that I just can't take because of the itch. I've tried several times. And I HAVE itched. When I unpacked those 500 P fortis it was a hot summer day and I only wore shorts, no shirt. I had a bad rash on my entire body and itched for a week. But for me it wasn't as bad as being in the same room as a blondi. And before anyone attacks me for importing 500 p fortis, it was a long time ago, I had permits from Colombia, they were brought in legally through Chicago customs, and I was probably the first person to import the specie into the USA. 30 years ago everyone was importing B smithi and ignoring most other species. I've never said much about it because I'm a bit ashamed of it, but at the time there were no regulations and there was much more habitat than there is today.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

I don't want to fight, joe does LOL....if you look when he first started posting I was very polite...then it just blew up LOL. He is going to get his wish though, I am pretty sure I will be leaving AB...WAY to much drama LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.