My ceratogryus darlingi doesnt move

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
Great! May I see a picture of what you're using? Also if it doesn't seem like the T is using them, chances are it is, it just might be when you aren't watching.
there is a photo I am using the plastic cups I guess that will do. I had the intention of putting more things but my t was inside the terrarium because I didn't want to take it out so as not to stress her. luckily I put the hiding places very slowly and he didn't get angry or scared

Looks like your little guy is in need of a proper hide. The other responses in this post did a great job giving examples of what would work well. Another suggestion would be to not nudge it. I completely understand the urge to make sure your new T is okay, I myself go though a helicopter parent phase with any new critter where I constantly check on it to be sure it hasn't randomly died, but by nudging it you may be contributing to it staying still. Ts can't tell the difference between a predator and their owner checking up on them, so by doing that you could be making it more nervous.

There are lots of posts on here about keeping different species, so I would suggest going through and finding some for your T's species and getting some tips. Some of them even have pictures of their setups so you can get some ideas on how to decorate. It's great that you care about your new T, all you have to do is make some improvements to your setup. I promise you that even though a lot of people on here tend to be harsh, they care too and want to help. Learn from other people's mistakes to avoid making them, and read as much as you can. This site is a treasure trove of information :)
As for pushing it, I don't do it, even so that it doesn't get stressed every time I pass on the furniture where its terrarium is placed, I walk more slowly to avoid any strong vibration. I also never handle my tarantulas to avoid unnecessary stress

Hi guys, the t came out from where it was and began to investigate the terrarium, now it is hidden in the hiding place that I put in it

Attachments

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I'm here again. I want to tell you that the tarantula has already started to weave in the terrarium. I haven't tried to feed it yet, I'll do it on the 27th. What I wanted to say is that the t sometimes makes strange movements but other times it perfect move I don't know if it could be dks or maybe something else. I hope the t doesn't have the dks

I know it looks like dks... but does anyone know if it could be something else?

Attachments

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I was able to see your video and that does look concerning. While I have no direct experience with DKS, from what I’ve read here, it is a symptom, not a disease itself. Is it possible he was exposed to any type of chemical (pesticide, flea prevention treatment residue, etc)?

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
I was able to see your video and that does look concerning. While I have no direct experience with DKS, from what I’ve read here, it is a symptom, not a disease itself. Is it possible he was exposed to any type of chemical (pesticide, flea prevention treatment residue, etc)?
Before I put it in that terrarium I remember washing it with soap, but most of what I washed it with was biodegradable except for one that I used in a bottom corner of the terrarium but I left it all very well rinsed, another thing that Might be think that Maybe there is an air freshener in the bathroom, but the bathroom is quite far from the tarantula room, just in case I always leave the bathroom door closed. Other than that, there are no chemicals or at least I think so.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Here is a good thread about DKS and what (if anything) can be done. For your enclosure, your T really needs a proper hide. A half round of cork bark tilted down into the substrate with an open bottom is excellent. I've also linked a couple of threads about C darlingi care as well.

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
Here is a good thread about DKS and what (if anything) can be done. For your enclosure, your T really needs a proper hide. A half round of cork bark tilted down into the substrate with an open bottom is excellent. I've also linked a couple of threads about C darlingi care as well.

Thank you very much for spending time looking for the threads!! I read the dks thread a few days ago and the others I finished reading now. Maybe I should buy him a cork crust and more things, but I get the feeling that even if he does that, he's going to do the same as always. I have seen other people and some videos that have their darlingi in a terrarium with less substrate than mine, without hiding places and their darlingi eat perfectly and weave everything...

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Thank you very much for spending time looking for the threads!! I read the dks thread a few days ago and the others I finished reading now. Maybe I should buy him a cork crust and more things, but I get the feeling that even if he does that, he's going to do the same as always. I have seen other people and some videos that have their darlingi in a terrarium with less substrate than mine, without hiding places and their darlingi eat perfectly and weave everything...
While every T can be unique (preferences to web, burrow, etc), insufficient substrate can be fatal if the T falls. A lot of youtube videos are total crap of people not having any clue what they are doing, and because they don't post their failures, others assume it works. Also, you want your T to thrive in the home you've created for it, not just survive what it's given. Here's another great, trusted resource:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
needs a hide and deep dirt. They like to dig. Your T isn't moving because it is stressed by feeling so exposed. Sub adult female (about 3.5" DLS) dug 5" down (in photo) and actually dug 13" ac ross the length of the enclose (not pictured)

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
One question, if it reaches the next molt, can it be saved? It's that I saw in some posts of something like that that if he got to the next moult, the dks would be removed
It’s very possible the next molt could get rid of it , as far as I’ve heard from other keepers. I’ve never had one make it that far, but other people have .