My ceratogryus darlingi doesnt move

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
My darling doesn't move at all and it's been like this for a week and a half and when I say that nothing moves it's alive because if I touch it it reacts but it doesn't move I suppose it's stress but I'm afraid because of that because it hasn't moved for a long time to eat I tried change the terrarium but nothing worked what can I do?
It has not moved even a millimeter.

Last edited:

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
post pics of your entire set up your post leaves more questions than anything how long was it in its cage before you swapped things around? how big is your t?

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
post pics of your entire set up your post leaves more questions than anything how long was it in its cage before you swapped things around? how big is your t?
She is there I bought her 20 days ago at the beginning when I bought her I put her in the terrarium and the soil was very humid so I moved it and let the soil dry and then I put it back but I have it for more than a week and nothing is move

Attachments

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
why do you have no hide for your t?? its no wonder its not moving its g otno where to get under cover to feel safei suggest you read up and research about your t so you can properly pcare and provide what it needs to settle in

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
why do you have no hide for your t?? its no wonder its not moving its g otno where to get under cover to feel safei suggest you read up and research about your t so you can properly pcare and provide what it needs to settle in
In the local stores where I live, they told me that this t didn't need to put a place to hide because she usually makes a lot of tunnels and doesn't use hiding places. Anyway, at first I gave it a fairly large hiding place but I don't use it

I don't know if maybe for another hiding place to see if he reacts

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
bury the hide down at an angle add more dirt until cage is about half full pet shops usually give wrong advice on how to takr care of tarantulas they only care about making the sale. from your replies i am guessing yur a first time owner? you have an old world tarantula read up lots about what you are keeping

I don't know if maybe for another hiding place to see if he reacts
what you need to do is get that cage set up correct and then leave it alone to settle in

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
bury the hide down at an angle add more dirt until cage is about half full pet shops usually give wrong advice on how to takr care of tarantulas they only care about making the sale. from your replies i am guessing yur a first time owner? you have an old world tarantula read up lots about what you are keeping
I have more tarantulas but this one I don't know why I had a problem with it, it has 11 cm of substrate now I will try to put a hiding place for it, and as long as I leave it alone I open its terrarium to try to feed it and I do it once a week

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
In the local stores where I live, they told me that this t didn't need to put a place to hide because she usually makes a lot of tunnels and doesn't use hiding places. Anyway, at first I gave it a fairly large hiding place but I don't use it
Ceratogyrus will indeed make lots of tunnels, but they need something in the enclosure to attach webbing to. Add some pieces of cork bark, some fake leaves, a stick or 2, then it will start to feel more comfortable and get to work settling in.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
I have more tarantulas but this one I don't know why I had a problem with it, it has 11 cm of substrate now I will try to put a hiding place for it, and as long as I leave it alone I open its terrarium to try to feed it and I do it once a week
ok good luck with it then

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Or...try this type setup just work a little on the setup,you will have no worriesThis is one of my P.lapala.

Attachments

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Its important to note, that if you do this, you will need to break the pot in half. No hide should ever be a dead end or have a bottom....a hide is not as much a home as it is a front door.
Yes.....thats why i use slate/flagstone for African species.In the pics i provided,that T has both ends webbed and can go in either end.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Its important to note, that if you do this, you will need to break the pot in half. No hide should ever be a dead end or have a bottom....a hide is not as much a home as it is a front door.
I’ll definitely make note of that , lot of my enclosures have hides but-not each one is Open . And my klugi buried her hide also forgot to cut the end off like most which I did . Should I just add another hide and leave that one buried ?b DC87E9F7-B1AD-4237-B0F6-1AC79DE18FBA.jpeg 5579B82E-3047-4A74-80C0-2EE2ACCD5AA9.jpeg

Last edited:

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
In the local stores where I live, they told me that this t didn't need to put a place to hide because she usually makes a lot of tunnels and doesn't use hiding places.
This IS a burrowing (fossorial) species, but she still actually needs a hide or even a starter burrow (a small hole in the substrate she can then enlarge into a proper burrow) to feel secure while she gets started on the burrow.

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
Looks like your little guy is in need of a proper hide. The other responses in this post did a great job giving examples of what would work well. Another suggestion would be to not nudge it. I completely understand the urge to make sure your new T is okay, I myself go though a helicopter parent phase with any new critter where I constantly check on it to be sure it hasn't randomly died, but by nudging it you may be contributing to it staying still. Ts can't tell the difference between a predator and their owner checking up on them, so by doing that you could be making it more nervous.

There are lots of posts on here about keeping different species, so I would suggest going through and finding some for your T's species and getting some tips. Some of them even have pictures of their setups so you can get some ideas on how to decorate. It's great that you care about your new T, all you have to do is make some improvements to your setup. I promise you that even though a lot of people on here tend to be harsh, they care too and want to help. Learn from other people's mistakes to avoid making them, and read as much as you can. This site is a treasure trove of information :)

user24313842784378

Arachnopeon
I already put two hiding places in a few days I'll tell you if they are using them and how is the tarantula. now i have left it in a quiet place

nervousspider

Arachnopeon
I already put two hiding places in a few days I'll tell you if they are using them and how is the tarantula. now i have left it in a quiet place
Great! May I see a picture of what you're using? Also if it doesn't seem like the T is using them, chances are it is, it just might be when you aren't watching.