Molting question

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My GBB just molted for the first time in my care. I wish I could've of saw it, but I knew my torch was bothering it so I left it alone. It looks over 3 inches now !

So here's my question. I have noticed that the joints in his legs are white now since the new exoskeleton has not hardened up. If he doesn't come out of his hide, can I assume that his fangs have hardened up once the legs joints are black, so I can feed it ? From what I've read this should take 7-14 days. But can I use his leg joints as a " rule of thumb " ?

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My GBB just molted for the first time in my care. I wish I could've of saw it, but I knew my torch was bothering it so I left it alone. It looks over 3 inches now !

So here's my question. I have noticed that the joints in his legs are white now since the new exoskeleton has not hardened up. If he doesn't come out of his hide, can I assume that his fangs have hardened up once the legs joints are black, so I can feed it ? From what I've read this should take 7-14 days. But can I use his leg joints as a " rule of thumb " ?

What website (if any at all) did you buy your GBB from? I want to buy one but I can't find it on any website where are these tarantulas normally from?

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
GBBs come from Venezuela. Try Krazy8sinvertebrates.com. I know he had some slings listed on there last week.

Don't know about the leg joints; if you can't get a good look at the fangs, I would probably just wait the two weeks before offering food.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Honestly "I" would wait 2-3 weeks. I know it's boring and you just wanna jump right in there and feed but if you do it too early she could break a fang and more than likely die. Also congrats on the molt!!!!