Mold in Tarantula tank

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
You forgot to look at the date - 2018 ;)
Like spores of mold, these threads can lie dormant for a long time, just waiting for someone to come along and revive them. But alas, there isn't enough material left in the original thread to sustain its revival for long.

James Mullally

Arachnosquire
The substrate can be heated in an oven to kill off any spores for a few hours. For generic topsoil, that's practically mandatory.

None of my inverts have problems digging in eco earth. Just tamp it down and apply a very fine misting, just enough to stop dust.
I had an enclosure made and I left it on a shelf to dry out before my new t came and one day a week later I went to check it and the substrate was half covered in mold and a stalk with two leaves at the top was growing I dumped the substrate and decor in the rubbish bin and cleaned the enclosure using boiling water and let it sit In boiling water for about a half hour would that destroy the mold spores and prevent it from happening again?

T Freak

Arachnopeon
My g pulchripes decided to excavate the entire enclosure and dig out some new tunnels and when it exposed the bottom moist dirt layer it grew some mold n I plan to rehouse soon as I get everything I need for the bioactive that I plan to try out but have decided to just keep watch n leave as is for now he seems fine and he is healthy as can be so I’m not worried. Hope I’m not wrong.

Like spores of mold, these threads can lie dormant for a long time, just waiting for someone to come along and revive them. But alas, there isn't enough material left in the original thread to sustain its revival for long.
What does it matter if the thread is older? Still makes sense to post in this thread instead of starting a new one for no real reason.

Last edited by a moderator: