Arachnoknight
Old Timer
been a while...
got a sac from this girl again, babies should be ready to go next month
n.chromatus

who's down for a 100 lot? :p

c.elegans sac (also due next month)

p.murinus sac... 187 slings!

p.chambridgei sac...girl double clutched this year...and ate BOTH! ive gotten probably 5 or 6 bad sacs from her...i think shes not wired right.

versicolor

e.murinus sac (i think she might have eaten this one...as i cant see it in there anymore)

smallest of my balfouri females

p.cancerides...male is terrified for the moment. makes spermwebs nonstop but runs. female is surprisingly enough not aggresive at all.

t.gigas...one intro so far, inserts made, very fast, female was very receptive.

a.diversipes...
mature female

MM

Last edited:

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
from today

c.elegans. tiniest slings EVER. also the biggest elegans sac ive gotten, final count once they molt. should be a week or two, some are already darkening and these seen to do everything fast.

a first for me. e.cyanognathus. the male was a loan from waaaaayyy back. female ate her first sack, i was surprised to see she had made another. these still look a month or so off from 2nd instar (atleast assuming theyre on the same timer as other like sized slings ive raised)

tiny c.longitarsis just molted.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Loving the gigas male ;);) Kelly is glad he is being put to use.
Hoping you get 219 slings like we just did as well.Your female is gorgeous.Some great projects you have going,I am drooling over the blue fang sack....GL!

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
random pics of slings...

c.longitarsis

*tiny* c.elegans...eating FFs...specks of dust with legs...already showing adult colors :p

from today...
something ive always found to be funny about m.balfouri is eggsac placement. they (atleast mine) seem to just like...stick it somewhere randomly. the other 2 sacs ive gotten were just kinga pasted onto something. not in the spiders lair like other baboonish spiders ive bred, but kinda just out there.
my biggest girl just laid a sac (and the eggsacs are also always tiny...) some ways from her burrow. she seems to check on it through out the day but isnt usually near it :alien:. weird species.

its that white blob of web off to the side. this is the 3rd sac from this Sp ive gotten, though the first 2 were complete failiers, im going to be keeping this girl bone dry for the duration so see how that goes, i think i kept the other 2 too moist.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just unpacked this female a.purpurea

2nd intro (t.gigas)

should be any day now

a.geniculata

as a team we accomplish more (male was having trouble lifting female up)

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
dont know what this is, found locally :biggrin:

bravery is a c.longitarsis MM...the most puny of spiders. put camera down to man the tongs while breeding occured.

g.pulchra. no inserts made, put camera down also as that female is an unfriendly monster

p.cancerides...FINALLY some solid inserts

blue fangs are a go

a.geniculatas

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

n.chromatus almost ready

super irminia (conjoined twin or something). young female, growing and molting just fine.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice pics man! I think you might have to send that little P. irminia my way. She is awesome! :D

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
big money

freshly molted female m.balfouri, IMO the nicer looking of the two blue spiders :alien:

greenie

the super irminia again

b.vagans...bred almost a year ago, got HUGE...now sitting in the cool room for the winter, fingers crossed she either molts or drops a sac in the spring :p

ID??
bought it as a.hentzi a few years back...pretty sure its NOT a hentzi! any ideas?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol definitely not a hentzi. It's not a vagans? Gorgeous T though

Robotponys

Arachnoknight
I'm drooling over her! I'm ordering VERY soon, especially those C. elegans! I'm guessing the a. Versicolors are all sold by now. :) post some more pics of the c. Elegan slings!

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks!

fresh molt female m.mesomelas. moving her to a bigger cage with deep substrate for a breeding attempt next month. male matured about 2 weeks ago, shes a little bigger but still on the small side (i think). we'll see how it goes. one of my favorites.

p.cancerides breeding

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That mystery spider you posted somewhere above looks like a trapdoor...yes?

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
its a local species, i forget the name! theyre quite common around here, but not usually THAT big!

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
new breeding project...c.leetzi (with Cori's MMs)

no inserts seen so far

c.theveneti FINALLY added to the collection!

locale unknown...c.longitarsis

last shot of this girl before her new owner pics her up :alien:...down to two!

super irminia molted, now black, third set of stripes still showing. ill try to get some out-of-cage shots later :alien:

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, love the ritae's striped legs, only T I know of with stripes that run the length of their legs. Gorgeous balfouri and crazy-looking irminia!