Mitchrobots Ts...again...

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
pics a friend shot the other day with new product box....stuff...

a.diversipes

p.antinous

m.balfouri

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
got new cam, not as good as the beastly thing that is used for the PB shots, but better than the crappy point and shoot i have been using :barf:

anyways, just figuring it out...
pics from today

e.murinus

and now for some REALLY crappy pics! bare with me, the glass is filthy, my photo skills are bad, theres webbing on the glass, and this lense isnt good for close ups!...

who can guess what that white colored blob in the background is??? :D
discovered this morning. this female is maybe 4'', not the biggest i have, but also not the smallest im working with. nonetheless, nice thing to wake up to ;)

PU male balfouri, should mature next molt

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gorgeous collection!!
Good luck with all the breeding, especially the M. Balfouri!

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
thanks! the balfouri is still hanging on to that sac, so hopefully in 2 months there will be slings running around :)

dont know how i forgot this one...

LV

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
random out of focus stuff :eek:

didnt get any shots of inserts, was waiting with tongs just incase she decided to eat him... (have another female so i wanted ot make sure he'd be salvaged)

no inserts made

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
versicolor...male is a limp noodle...female is totally receptive and all that, male for whatever reason is terrified. blah.

well son of a B. i waited months and months for my PU male balfouri to molt, and hook out. was in premolt fooooooorrrrreeeeeevvvverrrrrrr. finally this morning i saw a kicked out molt, i picked through the substrate and prodded with tongs to see the new and improved hooked out metallic blue mature male, and to my horror this popped out:

upon further inspection of the molt two thing were made obvious: i still suck at sexing these things. and this is definitely not a dude.

cant complain over getting a female balfouri, but i will anyways. could have used that MM :razz:

heres a quick out of focus shot of my biggest girl with a useless out of steam male hanging out in back :D

new baby platty

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The M. Balfouri are quite the lookers.
I'd have some already if the weren't such pet holes.

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
once they reach adult size they are out and about pretty often ;). my big girl is out maybe half the time. although all the ones that i have that are or were under 3.5" were pet holes for the most part :rolleyes:

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
once they reach adult size they are out and about pretty often ;). my big girl is out maybe half the time. although all the ones that i have that are or were under 3.5" were pet holes for the most part :rolleyes:
So I've heard.... But for that amount of cash I'd rather have me a P. Metallica.;P
Though.... Maybe, I'll have one soon enough...

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
some random shots some new some old

p.chams

new female diversipes...bad pic haha

big stirmi or whatever theyre called at the moment :)

old pics...
older pic, small female blue fang

mess of slings

pics of a couple of the sacs from last year

c.elegans...so tiny, notice the 5 or 3.5 dram vial next to it

one of the OBTs that lives loose in the bug room. i had a sac escape on me when i was working out of town. this one still lives there, i see it every now and then

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
out of focus pic of MM purp

out of focus pic of MM n.chromatus...this guy survived having 2 fangs go all the way through his ass before i could pull the female off of him. since then she has been playing nice...but it really makes me question how important the internal organs on these guys are to them at this stage in their life. no kidding, both fangs went through.

crappy way to start the week...ROTTEN balfouri sac. 2nd bad one ive gotten, i have 2 girls fresh from molt and looking for a new MM :rolleyes:

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
bad pics of rehoused female c.schioedtei (or however thats spelled), shes freshly molted and my MM FINALLY built a legitimate spermweb. ill try to get mating pics as soon as i throw him in.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lovin' the schioedtei, good luck with the breeding :)

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

girls eaten, males in. so far she seems plenty receptive, lots of tapping. male...taps but seems confused as to what to do next. shes holed up under the smaller piece of cork bark, and hes been hanging out up above, going to let them cohabitate for a while then probably sell or loan out the male :eek:....unless she eats him :p

not a tarantula. santa cruz area calisoga, much darker than my concord girl.

ive got a BIG girl and three of these little monsters, all molting frequently and outgrowing their vials :cool:

not a hybrid fan, but i am curious to see how this albovagans turns out