Mexico 2010

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
enjoy.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

IMG]http://members.home.nl/bobaedd/mexico%202010/mexico2010_0171.jpg[/IMG]

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

IMG]http://members.home.nl/bobaedd/mexico%202010/mexico2010_0001.jpg[/IMG]

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Verry cool Eddy, a lot of excellent shots!

Really enjoyed those Solifugid pictures! The Amblipygid with some yellow around the prosoma is wicked...

Was that first opilione coverred by some mites? Looks like what those red dots are.

He he, nice pseudoscorpion... I think you need higher magnification for these though!

Thanks for sharing those pictures... problem now is I wish I could go back on the field.

How many pictures did you take in total? There must be loads after 5 weeks or so.

Martin

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Verry cool Eddy, a lot of excellent shots!

Really enjoyed those Solifugid pictures! The Amblipygid with some yellow around the prosoma is wicked...

Was that first opilione coverred by some mites? Looks like what those red dots are.
yes, on other pics they show on the body and legs.

He he, nice pseudoscorpion... I think you need higher magnification for these though!
but if i bought the MP then i could not affort this trip anymore.....

Thanks for sharing those pictures... problem now is I wish I could go back on the field.

How many pictures did you take in total? There must be loads after 5 weeks or so.

Martin
some 2500? did not really count them.

glad you enjoyed them.

Eddy

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Uh, WOW! Beautiful shots of not only some stunning inverts, but achitecture, landscapes, etc.

You also have some very interesting centipedes in there...would you mind if I linked this thread in the Myriapod subforum? Unless, of course, you may be able to shed some light on what they might be?

Thanks for posting. I've been staring at this thread for a couple of hours now:)

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello Eddy,
Nice Pics, thanks for sharing.
Did you get a chance to visit any Tarantula UMAS???

Do you know the specie name for the Black Phasmid??? Where did you take that picture?? Remeber the State???

the stick insect is the pic before where you guys were talking to all the locals.

very nice

thanks

francisco

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow air and color TV, must be high end hotel {D
Great pictures Eddy

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow air and color TV, must be high end hotel {D
Great pictures Eddy
color tv yes... but only 2 channels. and NO warm water!

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Hello Eddy,
Nice Pics, thanks for sharing.
Did you get a chance to visit any Tarantula UMAS???
UMAS?

Do you know the specie name for the Black Phasmid??? Where did you take that picture?? Remeber the State???
no idea on that species!

cheers

eddy

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Uh, WOW! Beautiful shots of not only some stunning inverts, but achitecture, landscapes, etc.

You also have some very interesting centipedes in there...would you mind if I linked this thread in the Myriapod subforum? Unless, of course, you may be able to shed some light on what they might be?

Thanks for posting. I've been staring at this thread for a couple of hours now:)
I have no idea on the centipede species.

cheers

eddy

Jorge M

Arachnopeon
Gorgeous!

Hi Eddy excellent shots!!!

Thanks for the pictures of the frog, they are really great, only I need it with me, hahaha!!!

Well, UMA is the name here in Mexico for the places where plants or animals are captive breed, in spanish means Unidad de Manejo para la Conservación de la Vida Silvestre.

We will be in contact Eddy, take care!

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Excellent photos Eddy!Looks like you guys had a blast! :D
-Chris

VinceG

Arachnobaron
Really nice pictures! Just love those amblipygids and scorpions!
Must have been a great experience with all those monarchs!

Michael Jacobi

ARACHNOCULTURE MAGAZINE
Old Timer
the pic of you and Stu on horseback may be my fave... although the Mexican selenocosmine is more dashing

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just simply amazing! Love ALL of the pictures. I would love to be able to go down there someday and do that! I am totally jealous right now.:eek:

Also, was that a worm snake?

metallica

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the pic of you and Stu on horseback may be my fave... although the Mexican selenocosmine is more dashing
dashing yes. we did not see them in the wild, i did however import a small number of CB spiderlings :}

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Just simply amazing! Love ALL of the pictures. I would love to be able to go down there someday and do that! I am totally jealous right now.:eek:

Also, was that a worm snake?
there are 2 wormsnakes in the pictures.

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great thread Eddy, I love the different pede pics. Thanks for sharing.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Great shots and thanks for sharing as usual Eddy, I love the red and black Solifugid at the top, very interesting.

Later, Tom

Wadew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There are so many nice photo's I do not know which to comment on!

Thank you for sharing
Wade

sjl197

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great pics eddy...

But can we rename the thread 'collecting with Eddy Hijmensen?' ... i mean, ChrisH got recognition in another thread in this subforum.

I would like to comment on the picture with the horse-riding, which is particularly artistic. Perhaps more tarantula hunting should be done by horse, much like the glory days of H.H.Smith, etc, but it seems more difficult to spot the burrows from up on a high saddle. (yet this might help explain our lack of finding any species on that particularly fabulous day...)

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice thread! I am curious... what made the mogul of dirt in the picture right before the colorful solifugid toward the top of the thread? It looks very similar to what some of our native dwarf aphonopelma do.

I love the salamander pics! Looks like its a type of pseudoeurycea... maybe
P. bellii sierraoccidentalis??? One of my favorite genus of salamander! The amblypygids are top notch as well!!

Josh