May I Buy You a Drink?

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, I've only ever seen one of my Ts drinking (Male B. smithi). You take great pics!

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome! what kind of camera do you use?
It's not really anything special, a Kodak EasyShare C533. It seems to have a pretty good macro setting and after we figured out the white balance, the pics started turning out wonderfully. i will have to blow it up and post it 2morrow, the detail is awesome.

MrRogers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That is a fantastic photo.

EDIT: That would be a perfect photo to represent 'The Watering Hole'

Last edited:

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pic!
i need to stop spending on Ts and start investing in a good camera.

jimdemonic

Arachnopeon
Beautiful Picture...looks like fiesta Ware dish maybe i should use my wife's dishes as water bowls.

skilletsteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I caught my young B. Smithi drinking the other day but did not get a photo. it is quite the sight to see.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Great pic!!! These are my favorite shots, strictly because they are hard to come by.

P metallica, shot is fuzzy cause I did not want to turn on light and miss the shot.

G rosea

B albo, getting a drink the HARD way, (got the shot as she came up)

P cambridgei in heavy pre-molt(she's MUCH bigger now)

Her sister

Yes GBB's DO drink

My fave drinking shot A fasciculata

Yep I have been lucky to see and capture my fair share of T's at the tap.

Enjoy.

PIG-

Mr. Gone

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful Picture...looks like fiesta Ware dish maybe i should use my wife's dishes as water bowls.
I got them at wal-mart in the garden/houseplant section. They're just the little saucers that go under flowerpots, but they're shaped different: the walls don't slope in from top to bottom, which, in IMO, makes them better water dishes. They were just by themselves with other under-pot saucers, I got all they had and they never ordered more. They also had them in a soft yellow, and a peach-ish red, I think. But I thought those were ugly colors for water dishes in naturalistic enclosures.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They have some awesome clear soap dishes at dollar tree that are...perfect in every way. They even have water within them which weighs them down enough that they can't be tipped over.

Placeboani2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ive seen both my T's Drinking, Not got a camera to take a decent picture tho :/

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
These are pretty cute. I agree, the first should be "The Watering Hole" shot. Maybe make it a banner across the top? ;)

jb7741

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome shots!!!!!

I have never caught any of mine using the dish, but I have seen most of my slings drink from the side of the enclosure after misting.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This one i didn't get the pic while it was drinking, but close enough!

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We(myself and Mr. Gone) just witnessed our P. cambridgeii finding her water dish in her new enclosure for the first time today. She inhaled 3 B. lateralis roaches earlier and evidently it was thirsty work!
Is that vodka?

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow that is a really good pic curiousme.
I also have a Kodak EasyShare, mine is a Z712 IS. Occasionally I get lucky with tarantula pictures, but not very often. This picture makes me want to mess with my settings a bit more. :clap:

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow that is a really good pic curiousme.
I also have a Kodak EasyShare, mine is a Z712 IS. Occasionally I get lucky with tarantula pictures, but not very often. This picture makes me want to mess with my settings a bit more. :clap:
Use the macro setting(flower on the dial), mess with your white balance(the lightbulb in the menu,we find daylight works best) and use the auto focus so that the square is centered around the T and not the background. Also, it is better to be a little farther away, rather than right up against it.:D

Mr. Gone captured the first pic and i got the second one.