May I Buy You a Drink?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha yup, they do! I've only caught one of my three G.roseas drinking from a waterdish once; they usually just flip it over and empty it.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Haha yup, they do! I've only caught one of my three G.roseas drinking from a waterdish once; they usually just flip it over and empty it.
yeah i have never seen any of my Ts drink but the one A. seemani lol
and the roseas tend to fill the dish up with substrate or somethign like they dont even want it there lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
yeah i have never seen any of my Ts drink but the one A. seemani lol
and the roseas tend to fill the dish up with substrate or somethign like they dont even want it there lol

Exactly, then they cry about it when they need it.:p

Syngyne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, when I first got Tonka one of the first things she did is run for the water dish. I haven't seen her use it since, but I assume the water's going somewhere. :)

common spider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think its cool when they drink.I have seen lots of mine drink and then come back later only to see the water dish spilled or turned over.

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G.rosea drinks all the time, Tonight is the first time iv ever seen her take a cricket tho, and three in a row!{D

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have several who are notorious for flipping/buring dishes... mainly a. anax and b. smithi. {D

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I read somewhere that tarantulas can be somewhat secretive of when they hit the water dish and come to think of it this was only the 2nd time I have ever seen this one at its water dish so I thought I would grab a few pictures while it was there. These were taken 12/30/07.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice. :D Looks like she might be loading up on water for an upcoming molt. Wouldnt be too surprised if yours molts in a few weeks. Mine did just that, hardly ever see her drink, then she does it almost daily untill she molted! -and she's starting again :)

Attachments

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Really? I guess I should cut down on the handling then. Might explain the threat display earlier as well. Since it did come from a pet store I guess it could be due for a molt anytime. Be cool if it did. I know my seemani is due anytime!!

HARLEY-XLH666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cool. I just noticed yours is doing the same thing. Its putting its feet lightly on the water just enough so it bend is but not enough to make the surface tension. I guess they gauge there distance to the water like that or something.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are some really awesome photos. I still haven't caught mine at the water dish yet, other then when I first put her in her tank and she chugged right through it then up the side. :wall:

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just love pics of Ts drinking. Something so adorable about it! Thanks for sharing!

Jen

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
We(myself and Mr. Gone) just witnessed our P. cambridgeii finding her water dish in her new enclosure for the first time today. She inhaled 3 B. lateralis roaches earlier and evidently it was thirsty work!

We especially like how the photo captures the detail of the dimples in the water surface where her legs penetrate the water tension.

Anyone else have any good pics of their T's drinking?

rvtjonny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Henny & Coke please.......

Awesome pic! making me kinda thirsty :drool: