Old Timer
Chilobrachys sp Black Satan

Chilobrachys fimbriatus

Bumba cabocla

Hapalopus sp. Colombia large

Nhandu coloratovillosus

Nhandu carapoensis

Grammostola pulchripes

Pamphobeteus platyomma year to month comparison.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pterinochilus lugardi

Pterinochilus murinus

My second tarantula, Clyde the Avic avic. :')

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

Brachypelma vagans

vagans tarsal claw

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poecilotheria subfusca "lowland"

Poecilotheria subfusca "highland"

Ceratogyrus marshalli

Brachypelma smithi

Phyllocrania paradoxa

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Finally got a decent, similar posed picture of the two of them. It's been kind of frustrating trying to dig around and figure out exactly what the difference is. Some believe they should be two different species. Others believe the color difference is simply due to the temperature the eggs were kept at. Supposedly it has been recorded that both color forms can come from the same sac. And some people chalk that up to hybridization in the hobby. All very fascinating. All very frustrating. The one thing that kills me a lot of the time in the hobby is, when you search for answers, usually there is none because no one knows for sure yet. Lots of confusion, assumptions, speculation, and general bad information. But somehow it's always still worth looking into and discovering the loose ends for yourself. There's always something to learn and that's why our hobby is great.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I swear that Freshly Molted GBB looks like it just pulled on a brand new pair of 501"s

Mako16

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If someone would ask me for an opinion about lowland/highland P.subfusca, being a different species, I would definitely say they're not. I would even end this nonsense about high and lowland thing :D.. Spiders can vary in colors.. some different adult females of P.ornata for instance (and it's still just P.ornata)

http://shrani.si/f/u/d2/4sFxZJUw/ornata.jpg

Last edited:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If someone would ask me for an opinion about lowland/highland P.subfusca, being a different species, I would definitely say they're not. I would even end this nonsense about high and lowland thing :D.. Spiders can vary in colors.. some different adult females of P.ornata for instance (and it's still just P.ornata)

http://shrani.si/f/u/d2/4sFxZJUw/ornata.jpg
These are my first poecis. They're both gorgeous, regardless. But all the different opinions kill me. I agree, though. That makes sense the most sense to me. Not complaining though either way. I got three good sized female poecis plus enclosures for three hundred bucks. That's a score in my book.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia avicularia molted last night.

And my Gorgyrella inermis threw out an exuvium. I'm going to double check when I get home, but I think I spotted a spermatheca. Didn't have enough time to look super close, though.

Chilobrachys fimbriatus before take down.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gorgyrella inermis is female! Awesome.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens comparison from first recieved to now

Hapalopus sp Columbia large

Homoeomma sp blue

Thrixopelma ockerti

Last edited:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A few days post molt Avicularia avicularia

Grammostola pulchra

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Edited myself a new photo. lol

Comparison. First recieved, then and now. Thrixopelma ockerti. "Thrixi":

C. elegans

P. irminia

T. ockerti

Shipped off two of my males the other day. P. murinus and C. marshalli. OW T's are 10x easier to get into shipping containers than slow NW T's. Jfc.

Avic avic

P. subfusca highland

Tibial hooks and emboli of MM Brachypelma vagans

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chilobrachys fimbriatus

Eye caps

My little Haplocosmia himalayana is female! :D

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Comparison first recieved, then and now. Pterinochilus murinus, "Muriel".

I made this because I shipped him off the other day. Should arrive at his new home today. Remember when Kelly Swifts shop (swiftinverts.com) burned down and he lost pretty much everything? I recieved this guy from him as a freebie a few weeks before that happened. I think Muriel was probably my second OW tarantula.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hapalopus sp colombia large

Euathlus sp yellow

Haplocosmia himalayana post molt

Poecilotheria subfusca lowland tarsal claw

Poecilotheria vittata first time I've laid eyes on her. Was starting to wonder if there was actually a T in that enclosure. She's MASSIVE! Ran away and hid immediately after photo, unfortunately.

Thrixopelma ockerti

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This pretty thing was a birthday present to myself in 2012. I only get a chance to see / snap a picture of them once a year. Guess s/he wanted to come out and wish me a happy birthday last night. one of my favorite species, Monocentropus balfouri.

It's funny, too. They are somewhere around 4 years old. Only measuring around 2 1/2-3" DLS. Tiny little buggers not growing at all. lol

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hapalopus sp colombia large

Euathlus sp yellow

Haplocosmia himalayana post molt

Poecilotheria subfusca lowland tarsal claw

Poecilotheria vittata first time I've laid eyes on her. Was starting to wonder if there was actually a T in that enclosure. She's MASSIVE! Ran away and hid immediately after photo, unfortunately.

Thrixopelma ockerti

Say no to crack.