LuiziBee's Picture Thread

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Timelapse of my juvenile male Nhandu coloratovillosus molting.

My two female C. cyaneopubescens. Juvenile, Pia and adult, Cyrene.

P. subfusca highland

P. subfusca lowland

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Monocentropus balfouri

Chilobrachys sp black satan

Freshly molted Bumba cobocla

C. elegans

Hapalopus sp Colombia large

Freshly molted Haplocosmia himalayana

Avic avic

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

Brachypelma emilia

Brachypelma albopilosum

Poecilotheria subfusca

Cyriocosmus elegans

Avicularia avicularia

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phormictopus sp purple molted and surprisingly changed an awful lot. Quite interesting:

Cyriocosmus elegans molted for the first time in 2 years:

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Brachypelma smithi molt

I was asked to be a "tarantula handler" on a TV show. I haven't held any of my tarantulas in at least 8 years. So.... I decided to test a few of them out. Turns out, all of my "docile" species are quite feisty. The only T I'd trust a stranger to hold on television would be my Euathlus sp red, which is a tiny species. I may also bring one of my G. porteri to also be featured walking around or something since they are much larger.The details are still being worked out, so this could be an interesting gig.

Euathlus sp red

Angry G. rosea

Angry G. porteri

L. parahybana attacked my tongs, ran up a wall. Nooope. lol

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. sp Colombia large

C. cyaneopubescens

P. subfusca

I haven't seen a black widow since I was 5 years old. A local friend of mine caught a female a while back and she laid a few sacs. He gave me one of the babies the other day. Latrodectus mactans:

Update on C. sanderi pairing: THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO!!! I hadn't heard back from the guy I sent my MM to in 4 months. He finally responded and said he eventually let the male and female cohabitate until the male passed away. The female is looking a bit chunky and we're currently hoping she's gravid. :D

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ornithoctonus aureotibialis

Brachypelma emilia

Haplocosmia himalayana

Nhandu coloratovillosus

Megaphobema robustum

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Avicularia avicularia pairing

Chilobrachys sp black satan 2 days post molt

Chilobrachys fimbriatus

Cyriocosmus elegans

Latrodectus mactans

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been researching the last two weeks and decided what I wanted to use as the next enclosure for my two irminia sac mates. Perfect timing because one of them molted and DOUBLED in size!!! Couldn't believe my eyes when I grabbed her container. Rehousing both of them this weekend. :)

and her sac mate. She's about half her size. A molt or two behind.

and while I'm at it, I'm going to go a head and stick the cambridgei in a larger enclosure as well. :D

Phormictopus sp purple looking more like herself a few weeks post molt.

Haplocosmia himalayana

Poecilotheria subfusca lowland

Chilobrachys sp black satan

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update since the last time I've posted and a bit of a photo dump.
My largest M. balfouri came out and hung out with me for a good week or two every night. Was a wonderful treat as I only see her maybe once a year like this. (a different specimen than the last one I saw and made a huge deal about)

I picked up a mystery Cyriopagopus / Haplopelma spp at an expo because I have no self control and it was twenty bucks.

P. vittata molted and grew back all of her leggies. I'll be starting a breeding project with her in the coming next few weeks. Hopefully the male doesn't just end up as an expensive meal!

I rehoused my hopefully gravid A. avic into a nicely decorated cheeseball container and put her in a closet. A couple nights ago I caught her heavily webbing and she was non-stop for two days. I haven't checked since because I don't want to disturb her. I'll check her in a week. Let's hope for a sac!!

Her boyfriend still going strong, eating, webbing, and generally just hangin' around.

Grammostola porteri looking glamorous.

Phormictopus sp purple

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
photo dump continued.....

9 months of growth comparisons.

Euathlus sp yellow molted and I finally managed to sex as female.
I swear this thing hasn't grown a damn inch since I received it 3-4 years ago.

I went to Florida and found a tiny, adorable Centruroides hentzi

Rehoused my 2 P. irminia ladies into larger, somewhat experimental enclosures. By now they have settled well and every evening they leave their burrows to go hunting / exploring.

I also went a head and rehoused my P. cambridgei. Managed to also sex this one as female recently. Little beast is growing up quick. Will probably also set up an experimental enclosure for her as well in the near future.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
photo dump continued....

H. sp Colombia large in a web blankie

L. mactans

And lastly, I suffered a horrendous loss with my MF Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Cyrene. One day she was suddenly discovered in death curl. She would not accept water via a syringe or otherwise, and I'm confident it was not from old age. Perhaps some kind of internal injury I couldn't see. It's one thing to lose a T, but to lose one that you've kept around for many years is truly saddening to the heart. Anyway, I compiled some of my favorite pictures of her from over the years. RIP <3

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Awesome tarantula photos. I'm sorry about the loss of your C.cyaneopubescens Cyrene.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. subfusca highland. Freshly molted with spectacular fresh colors!!

Freshly molted Bumba cabocla. Love how blue and white she looks!

Also, officially sexed female. Yay!

Little Grammostola pulchripes caught molting.

Little cutie is a male. Note accessory organs and gonopore in middle microscope view.

Latrodectus mactans also molted!

Chilobrachys sp black Satan

11 months of growth P. cambridgei

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Quick timelapse video of my female Lasiodora parahybana molting last night:

Chilobrachys sp black Satan

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really great!! Eats well, growing well, etc. I see it a lot too, which is a plus.