Lorgakor's Picture Thread

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Okay, I had to take some of my tarantulas out of their homes due to my first mite problem. I had to rehouse the T. blondi, B. smithi, E. campestratus, and all four of my little sling babies, N. chromatus x2, B. emilia, and B. ruhnaui. Here are some pics.

T. blondi- Hagrid

B. smithi - Red

B. ruhnaui - Transit

N. chromatus - Bucephalus

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I received some new additions today from Tarantula Canada. These aren't very good pictures, but it was all I could get for right now. I'll get better ones when they are settled in.

A. versicolor - Pigwidgeon
These little guys are faster than my pokies! Took a bit of coaxing to get it into its new house.

A. huriana - Pie

I got two of these little guys as freebies. I've never seen such a small tarantula! Now I have four of these guys. I can't wait until they grow up and start showing some colour!
N. chromatus #1 ( No names yet)

N. chromatus #2

Edit: I changed some names.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
H. maculata - Professor McGonagall

Another pic of the new A. versicolor.

A very fat P. regalis sling. - Flint

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
A. seemani molting sequence. I missed the beginning as I had to work, but I made it for the ending. She's shown quite the colour difference.

Pictures of her new coat to follow. I just have to wait till she turns over! :)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My C. cyaneopubescens also molted. Here's a quick pic. The legs have turned green. Sorry for the poor quality, I didn't want to disturb it too much.

And here is a funny pic of Hagrid with his fangs full of dirt. He has been busy excavating his new house.

Last edited:

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice T's and congrats on the molts. :D I had a seemani that did the same thing too, came out completely blue from a dull brown.
Mike

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Goliath said:
Very nice T's and congrats on the molts. :D I had a seemani that did the same thing too, came out completely blue from a dull brown.
Mike
Thank you. She isn't quite blue, but definitely nicer looking than before! She was so dull!

A couple more pics.
I was finally able to confirm her as a female. I knew already from ventral sexing, but now it is confirmed.

And a quick shot of the new A. huriana.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
New pics

A. seemani female. Betty looks so much nicer than she did before the molt. In fact she is down right beautiful now! A little bit skittish, but not defensive at all. No hair flicking either. All in all a nice girl!

B. smithi male. Red is getting so big! He is quite flicky when in his cage, but once he is out he is fine.

A. versicolor sling. Pigwigeon is such a cute little bugger, and very fast! And boy can they jump! I witnessed my first poo shooting by this one, thankfully it was aimed away from me!

A. huriana sling. Pie is cute, fuzzy, and fast! I just love this little one and I can't wait for it to put on some size. Please be a female!!

P. regalis sling. I really hope Flint goes into premolt soon, I don't think much more food will fit in there. And I don't consider myself a power feeder, only one or two crix a week. I'd stop feeding it, but then I'd feel bad. :8o

C. cyaneopubescens sling. Skittles molted recently. Quite the defensive little one, won't hesitate to attack my tools.

Thanks for looking!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How's the lividium with the bump? Ever figure out what it was or does she still have it?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
She is doing fine actually, she finally dug herself a nice deep burrow. I believe she is in premolt so I'm anxious to see what happens. I believe that the bump is scar tissue. There are two scratch like scars on top of it. She eats fine and it never seemed to bother her. I'll post some pics when she finally molts. Thank you for asking!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
My sweet G. pulchra molted recently, the molt was still fairly small, but I think my Loki is a boy. :( Oh well, he looks beautiful anyway, and super docile. Though he did raise his butt at me.

Acanthoscurria sp. Wilma got back!

A. seemani. I put Betty in some new digs tonight, so I got a few pics.

P. lugardi. Snitch also molted recently. She is gorgeous! I love her markings. Quite calm for this species, or so I hear.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
P. regalis. Flint molted some time ago, but these are the first pics I've been able to get of him as I just rehoused him. He is 3" now.

Newly molted N. chromatus. Bucephalus is about 1-1.25" now.

C. cyaneopubescens.

Last edited:

David DeVries

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a couple G. pulchra slings and I think it is funny how they wave the back end high in the air and act all bad. This from spiders the size of my thumbnail. Is Loki fairly slow growing? Mine arent eating worth a darn and they are so small I cant tell if its premolt or not. Have not eaten for two weeks. One is fat and healthy but the other looks like it could feed if it would just feed.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Shelob12 said:
I have a couple G. pulchra slings and I think it is funny how they wave the back end high in the air and act all bad. This from spiders the size of my thumbnail. Is Loki fairly slow growing? Mine arent eating worth a darn and they are so small I cant tell if its premolt or not. Have not eaten for two weeks. One is fat and healthy but the other looks like it could feed if it would just feed.
My G. pulchra has grown fairly fast. I got him in March at about 1.25" and he's now about 3". I do believe that he is a male, but his molt was still pretty small for me to say for absolute certainty. (I don't have a very good magnifying glass!) He has always been a voracious eater, only refusing during pre-molt. His pre-molt times are usually about 3 weeks to a month. How big are yours? If it hasn't eaten for two weeks then I would guess it is in pre-molt.

I have a B. emilia sling that sounds like your G. pulchra, it just isn't eating. It molted in the middle of September and has only eaten one cricket since then. I hate it when slings keep ya worried! This B. emilia isn't even mine, I'm just keeping it until it gets a little bigger, and I can't give a newbie a little sling that isn't eating! :wall:

InsaneCat

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Beautiful T's. My uncle lives in Kelowna, I might have to see the T farm next time I visit him :D Anyway, Beautiful Blondi, and seems you're quite attached to Harry Potter names eh? Lol, anyway, great looking spiders!

David DeVries

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Pulchras are about .75 of an inch. They are very small. All I can do is keep offering food. I have tried prekilled and live. I really hope they molt soon.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
P. regalis

T. blondi

Newly molted B. emilia.

C. cyaneopubescens, very cheesed off, then eating.

My baby, G. pulchra. Loki was being a turd, flicked hair and everything! Very unlike him.

A. seemani, also very cheesed off. I think it must be the change in weather, they are all acting funny.

Itty bitty B. ruhnaui in pre-molt.

Freshly molted N. chromatus.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I know this isn't a spider, but here is my kitty, his name is Dog Food, but we affectionately call him Puppy. His personality is very dog like.