Lorgakor's Picture Thread

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Just thought I would post some pics of my 'kids'. I had two of them out last night (the first time holding the PZB) and I thought I would share! Plus I threw in a few other pics too. Oh yeah, for full size, click on thumbnail.

This is my B. smithi, she recently molted and looks fabulous! And a sweetie to boot, only a little skittish, no hair flicking.

This is my insanely cute E. campestratus.She is so docile it's unreal. I had to poke and prod at her just to get her to move. She never flicks, or acts skittish. She puts up with ANYTHING! Not that I would bug her enough to push her mind you.

This is my T. blondi. He is very mellow, unless you mess with him while he is in his hide. Then he gets a little defensive. He is the fastest tarantula I have by far. But still a slug when compared to the house spiders we have around here!

This is my new G. pulchra sling. A little skittish and fast so far. She has just barricaded herself in her hide so I am hoping a molt is coming. That is my husbands pinky finger for size reference.

And last, this is my tiny B. emilia. She has been shut in her burrow for eleven days now. A real cutie, can't wait till she grows up. Again, hubby's finger.

Thank you for looking, and I will post more in the future.

Last edited:

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Great Thread. I love the pics. How big is the blondi? I have a B. smithi around the same size as well. I hope to get a molt soon. I can't wait to see the sex. Anywho, awesome spiders. :)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Grimlock said:
Great Thread. I love the pics. How big is the blondi? I have a B. smithi around the same size as well. I hope to get a molt soon. I can't wait to see the sex. Anywho, awesome spiders. :)

Thank You! The blondi is about 6.5" right now. Might be closer to 7. He is looking so ragged, I can't wait til he molts. No sign of it yet though!

And evil educator, are you talking about his abdomen? Cause yeah, he's pretty fat! Although he really doesn't eat that much. Beer belly? ;)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I just noticed that the bald spots on my T. blondi are turning dark, so a molt is iminent! Yay! I will post pics after he is done. Though I'm not sure how long he will take. My B. smithi had a dark butt for a long time before she finally molted!

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank You! The blondi is about 6.5" right now. Might be closer to 7.
Dang, he must wiegh a ton. His carapace is hugly wide. I wish the best of molts to you! :cool:

**edit... Love the tattoo, BTW. Simply awesome! (if that's yours)

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Thank you, yes it is mine! You can see a bigger version of it in the watering hole in the tattoo thread.

Yeah, he's a big boy, I can't wait to see how much he grows when he molts! It will be his first molt with me so I'm pretty excited!

Arachnomaniak

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
They are all awsome! Looks like you are taking great care of them. Sweet pics too. If you are ever in or near Kelowna give me a shout, if you pop by I'll tempt you with a few of the species that I have :)
Until then, good luck with the little guys!!!!
-Arachnomaniak-

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Arachnomaniak said:
They are all awsome! Looks like you are taking great care of them. Sweet pics too. If you are ever in or near Kelowna give me a shout, if you pop by I'll tempt you with a few of the species that I have :)
Until then, good luck with the little guys!!!!
-Arachnomaniak-
Thanks David, I'll do that! Do you have any new species since I asked last?

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
More pics!

Thought I'd post a few more pics of the brood since I was having fun with the camera tonight.

B. smithi, she looks so cute here! All tough protecting her little house!

G. pulchra, she's protecting her little house too! Look at her, such a little tick with her fat butt!

This is not the greatest picture, but I couldn't leave tiny little B. emila out!

I love this picture of my T. blondi. He's such a character!

Here he is looking very rough and in premolt. His bald spots are actually darker than that but the flash made them look lighter.

I took my E. campestratus and put her cage on my bed, then I fed her three crickets, she took them one right after the other. She is really calm and sweet! Now she has these cricket bodies dragging and twitching under her!

Does her pedicel look okay to you all? It looks a little strange to me, but maybe it's normal.

Thanks for looking! :D

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Can you guys see these pictures? I was looking at them this morning and now I can't see half of them. Maybe I need a new place to host images. Any suggestions? It's funny cause I could see them all when I posted them last night.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lorgakor said:
Can you guys see these pictures? I was looking at them this morning and now I can't see half of them. Maybe I need a new place to host images. Any suggestions? It's funny cause I could see them all when I posted them last night.
heres the site i use for hosting my pics of T's http://imageshack.us/ there free and i havent had any problems with them.
when i tried to open the thumb nail of your T.blondi my anti-virus went absoulutely nuts, it does this pig squeal when a virus threatens my system , scared the crap out of me lol

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I can see the pics fine, but host seems a little flakey. Like jbrd suggested... www.imageshack.us is one of the best free hosts (or at least I have seen). Very hassle-free and easy to use. I used to use www.photobucket.com , but it does a little number with compression on your pics. I do a lot of graphics for web, and always recommend www.Imageshack.us.

More lovely pics.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Thanks guys, I will try Imageshack for my next pictures. I never had problems with this one before, but lately it doesn't work so well. I'll wait til my T. blondi molts and then I'll use Imageshack when I post the pictures. Thanks again!

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
New pictures, molts galore!

Well, since my last post, three of my five Ts molted. One however, has not gone so well.

First up my tiny (still!) B. emilia. This is pretty much the best picture I could get of her. She molted a week ago. She hasn't eaten for a month, so I'm hoping she will open her burrow up soon.

Next up, Loki the G. pulchra. She also molted a week ago, and is eating and doing wonderful. She surprised me with a nice velvety black coat! Pretty good for only and inch and a half or so. She is very sweet.

Here is Hagrid, my T. blondi. I don't think he is doing so well. He molted today. He flipped over at about 5:00am and finished molting at about 2:00pm. He flipped himself over about an hour later. First a couple of molting shots.

In this picture you can see the white globby stuff that came out with his right fang. I think he only has half the fang.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Now he looks like this. His abdomen almost looks twisted to me.

And now he is just sitting like this, not moving. He is all huddled and curled up.

I just hope he makes it, he really looks gorgeous now! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Well, I just checked on him again when I finished uploading those photos and he moved! He turned around and went back into his hide. There is hope for my Hagrid yet!! :clap:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Update

My hubby is at home and he told me that Hagrid was able to get himself a good long drink, so I am very happy about that!! Definitely missing at least one fang though. His abdomen straightened itself out a bit too. I'll sure be relieved once he starts to eat again though.

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hagrid is very beautiful and has a very suiting name lol! {D Your G.pulchra looks about the same age as mine which recently moulted into her black coat as well. They are lovely t's! :)