Live stream feed

lunarae

Arachnobaron
I'm just going to make one over all thread since I plan on doing live streaming occasionally and currently it seems all my T's are in the mood to molt. So here's my thread, currently my L. parahybana has gotten into the position to molt, here it is under a micro lens camera. Hope you enjoy if you care to watch.

https://www.twitch.tv/supershygamergirl

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Thanks. I'm glad I can share it. I've just gotten pretty lucky to catch it. These cameras aren't that expensive from what I've looked up as well. looking at 50-80 bucks depending on what you choose. I was lucky enough to get this from my dad who bought it but it didn't work for what he wanted.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
I'm going to live stream now, I have a 5.5 gallon vivarium that I set up early last year. It was the very first one I did back in January so it's over a year old and had several of the 'beginner' malfunctions put into it. As well as I had decided I wanted to take on the challenge of having a waterfall with it even though that was something someone with more experience should have tried. Anyways, this 5.5 gallon already had some really rough spots back when I refurbished it from fishtank to being a living terrarium. I did the backing and all of that myself and if you look at my enclosure thread you can see it as the first one posted up. Well a year and a half later and it needs some serious help. So I'm going to revamp it some and see what I can do with it. Feel free to watch:

https://www.twitch.tv/supershygamergirl

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
I love the livestream idea - was thinking of doing something similar soon but maybe with the camera (gopro) on my forehead and do POV feedings. Could open it up to conversation and giving closer views to species people watching are interested in. Feeding takes quite a while with 200+ now, so would be nice to have some company while working.

Have your livestream open currently, but flipping between tabs and not watching constantly. Your gloves remind me that is a habit I should get into. I frequently do rehousings etc without putting gloves on (which I have) and then realize when I am itchy that I didn't bother to put them on.

Last edited:

lunarae

Arachnobaron
yeah I use gloves when I know I'm handling things that will mess with my sensitive skin. Right now I'm trying to decide if I should tear down the backing I made or not.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Well. Finished. It looks totally different from what it started out as. I have it showing from the top view. Will do that for about 5 min, then do a side view before calling it done for the day.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Fed my small ant colony of tetramorium ants (pavement ants) a mealworm, it wiggled it's way into the honey, they're fighting to pull it out and eat it, if any interested in seeing that up close and personal

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Well I made the mistake of putting it in with some honey, had to redo it so now they have to find the new mealworm >.>

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Ah, so you are feeding the ants both honey and meal worms?

lunarae

Arachnobaron
They need sugar and protein, you have to give a varied diet, but I kinda had the mealworm to close to the honey and it wiggled it's way into the honey where they couldn't get to it without getting stuck so had to do it some.
I'll give them some honey soon though.

I'm working on making a glass set up so it's easier to record and observe them when they eat rather then it be so cloudy and crappy like it is right now.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Cool, I've never raised ants. However, a few colonies have benefited from my dropped candy over the years. :D

On occasion, we were working to keep them out of our beehives. Thankfully that wasn't often, though.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
They're pretty little creatures and it is a lot of fun to start out with one queen ant and slowly watch the colony grow. I have this one, a carpenter ant colony, and then another one of this type as well.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
mostly just getting to see the carapace and abdomen with how it's in it's hide eating but still cool to see all the little hairs and such I think, as well as it moving occasionally.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
lol mostly Abdomen but it's cool to see up close the spinnerets and the coloring with all the stripes.

lunarae

Arachnobaron
Last chance to see upclose of GBB sling before I end the stream. Doing 10 min more then calling it a night.