Latrodectus breeding questions

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
When they get relay dark, i always open the cocoon a little bit.. Just to help them, i now they can do it there self. But in the wild the female also helps a bit..

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
Its awesome to see, if the cocoon is dark enough. And you open it, they all come running out. Super cool to see :)

NYAN

Arachnoking
Alright everyone, I am at six sacs total, three Per species. My first hasselti sac is becoming darker, and I want to remove it, but am not sure the best way to do it. The sac has a slight dark coloration, but isnt 100% dark. How do you all recommend getting the sac out? @Widowman10 @Joogvanhedel?

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
Haha, yes thats a secure job :p I like to use a thin stick and my tweezers. Twist the litle / thin stick around the cocoon, and try to get a hold of the webbing around it. Sometimes you can just pull the cocoon out, sometimes you have a litlebit more trouble :)

Joogvanhedel

Arachnoknight
As we speak, im trying mating 3 females geometricus, 1 i now for sure it gooing ok. The another 2, i just leave the males for the night. i have backup males if needed.. They all dance now :)

NYAN

Arachnoking
As we speak, im trying mating 3 females geometricus, 1 i now for sure it gooing ok. The another 2, i just leave the males for the night. i have backup males if needed.. They all dance now :)
I caught 20 geometricus the other day around the house. Luckily I have someone who wants them.

Another question: Is there a specific way I should keep the sac in the isolation container? I was planning on just using a small deli cup with some paper towel for climbing when they hatch.

Last edited: