Lasiodora Parahybana (Salmon Pink Birdeater) Opinions?

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
IMG_5677.JPG
Hey y'all!
So I've been doing some looking around for my next T purchase, and I have been looking at a female L. Parahybana, and I've read some different things. I want to know some of y'all's opinions. PLEASE REPLY!!!

THANKS!
~Jessie
I am in love with all 5 of mine. One is a 5" female and she's awesome. I've had her since 3/8", and love her. She's an eating machine but still a sweetheart when I hold her. Calm, beautiful, hairy, itchy looking, lol. Don't know about the hairs....no urticating hairs seem to bother me much.

Jessie Lee Goodman

Arachnopeon
Thank all of y'all so so much for your feedback!! I am definitely going to get an LP! Is there any specific things they need in their enclosures?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I am definitely going to get an LP! Is there any specific things they need in their enclosures?
Aside for inches of substrate (you never know at the end if a Theraphosidae feels the need/want to burrow a bit) a water dish, and a piece of cork bark, nothing else* for a juve/adult specimen. They are incredibly easy to care for, and hardy.

*With that said you can add fake plants for aesthetic :-s

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Thank all of y'all so so much for your feedback!! I am definitely going to get an LP! Is there any specific things they need in their enclosures?
Make sure you give it a decent amount of substrate in case it decides to burrow (it probably won't, though, haha). 4-5" deep substrate is plenty for an adult and slings/juvies do fine with 2-3". Other than that, a nice large hide and a sizable water dish (no larger than the T's legspan) should serve you well. Everything else, like fake plants, is optional.

EDIT: Chris beat me to it, lol

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
Make sure you a get a VERY SECURE lid for whatever enclosure you get. These spiders are strong and will check threw mesh

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
The more and more I research them the more I am changing my mind and am leaning towards one.
I have a few already and yet even though they're not a colorful, active, rare, high price, etc T that meets my preferable standards I still cant refuse an opportunity for a new LP because I just love them and I promise that you wont regret owning one too.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
Hey y'all!
So I've been doing some looking around for my next T purchase, and I have been looking at a female L. Parahybana, and I've read some different things. I want to know some of y'all's opinions. PLEASE REPLY!!!

THANKS!
~Jessie
I just ordered my L.P and was told can't guarantee the sex until at least 1.5 in. Slings are unsexed prior to that size. Was suggested to me to buy more than one to increase chances of getting a female.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
^^^^they are pretty cheap, so a few is probably a good bet to get a female. I bought an AF and three tiny slings from the same seller. All three tinies are easy to care for. They molt monthly and grow fast.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I really like mine. But she is the most skittish tarantula I have ever owned, apart from the Hapalopus pumpkin patch (Long matured male and gone :( )
The slightest jar of her enclosure and she dashes off behind her coconut hide near the corner, sometimes kicking hairs as she goes. She is surprisingly fast. She can't run INTO the hide, she's out-grown it, and never entered it before she was too large to fit anyway. She'll get something larger the next rehouse. That should be it's final complete re-house, and I also intend to add more structure so she may feel more secure this time around.
She is also quite food aggressive, making her one that I avoid putting my hands anywhere near (along with my A. geniculata), her fangs are far beyond the point of creating a mere ouchie. But I avoid getting in bare-handed striking range of most of mine, even my tractable G. pulchripes has been known to twirl and attack a nudge. Pretty sure it is just reacting to a potential meal, it has been a very good eater since it was a sling.

Anyway, I would not hesitate to suggest an LP. Not the most colourful species, but I still consider it very attractive. They grow fast, only refuse a meal when in pre-moult, and get big and are good display tarantulas, the nervousness of mine aside, she remains in plain view unless startled.Possibly a "second-rung" species if mine's skittishness is any indication, but really easy to raise and care for.

Oh, and I suspect she is female, but that is more of a gut feeling, as I've yet to attempt an exuvium sexing. Early estimates by way of the much less dependable ventral sexing method earned opinions that she is probably female, thus my choice of gender pronouns when I speak of her.