Largest specimen of latrodectus youve seen? post pics!

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
...Buthus....if for any reason my earlier post was offensive please accept my apology...it was not my intention;)
Blah! :D
The only ones to take offense was my treds ..cause they saw what I wrote about them. :D lubugris ...ludicrous!! They said. :rolleyes:

Any idea how far along is Dr. Miller regarding that research?

Back on track...
Treds, pals, revs all have very thin and short legs compared to latros from "our" neck of the woods. Their abdomens can get very wide and much more triangular in shape than other species. Most seem to bloat out the biggest if mated early ...or later in life if unmated or cross bred. Once they start producing sacs they start to shrink back down to more "normal" proportions.
The biggest of my Mideasterns is a revivensis that lives in a root ball nailed the wall in my spidy room. She looks like a blundering clown when she wobbles quicky out for food. (think famous Captain Beefheart song) I suspect she has mated probably many times with local hesp males that come in for a visit. I had a x-bred variolus that got that way also ...just fat as h*ll until the day she died.

how big is big? (does anyone have a photo with a ruler?)
Look at the massive front legs on this hesp...

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Biggest Ive found ...and did so in my backyard. So far her young are huge, but I dont think any have hit her proportions.

Pic of actual capture ...BTW, that finger is fully grown... :D

Same girl with sac...

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
this female's front legs are about an inch long. that's big for a geo, right?