Lampropelma violaceopes rehousing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
the op will never listen to reason....let Darwinism handle this one!
I'm all for that. I just don't want him, or others like him, taking down the hobby with them.

The public and politicians don't care what spiders are venomous and which ones aren't. Just about all of them are afraid of big, hairy spiders. They don't need to consult us on banning them. They don't have to b scientific or logical. All they have to do is say: 'You guys are crazy. No more.'

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
the op will never listen to reason....let Darwinism handle this one!
take it like this, you take a syringe needle for injecting medicine, you remove it from the package, it's sterile, until you touch it, only that small amount of bacteria from touching the sterile needle, that causes an abscess.. that's why you shouldn't touch a sterile syringe needle when you want to use it to inject medical substances.. I had a dog that got one huge and bad abscess due to this.. now what can tarantulas fangs do, especially in areas such as the neck and face?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm all for that. I just don't want him, or others like him, taking down the hobby with them.

The public and politicians don't care what spiders are venomous and which ones aren't. Just about all of them are afraid of big, hairy spiders. They don't need to consult us on banning them. They don't have to b scientific or logical. All they have to do is say: 'You guys are crazy. No more.'
you know what's crazy is that this person doesn't even have to get bit to be detrimental to the hobby...someone is going to come on here with a horror story about a bite from an ow to try to knock some sence into her and we can't regulate who reads that..DEC or any other anti exotic group could be trolling posts gathering info on species just so they can say ha ha there dangerous..ban ban ban! Thay all have there own or private agendas irresponsible people and the government go together like bullets and guns...good responsible keepers become the target.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I think you guys are a little paranoid lol
a bite on the hands or arm couldn't do much harm except for some pain or swelling or any other after effects depending on specie.. but being bitten in the neck or face serious consequences is a possibility, not 100%, but it can happen.

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Mod Note

Hey look another handling thread, we don't have enough of these! :liar:

Status
Not open for further replies.