L. parahybana

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well, um, maybe you should have asked your mom before you entered the contest.

My L. parahybana dug itself a burrow that goes straight down the middle of the container to the bottom, then turns and goes all the way to the far side of the container.
It rushes the side of the container whenever I open it, but I don't think it is doing it to attack, just to figure out what the heck I am doing. When it is eating, it snatches the cricket as soon as it hits the dirt.
These are my favorite of all. I also inhaled the flicky hairs that it made a cloud of and was I ever miserable for a couple days..got them in my eyes, nose, cheek...looked like I had been slapped a bit.
They grow fast, but not that darn fast. you said you don't have huge cages, they won't need "huge" cages, for quite some time.

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When he sends them they will probably be able to live in the container they come for for atleast 2 molts..

And i use 3 week old crics to feed my slings, just crush their head... and as ive heard these type of spiders eat like crazy so i think they wont sit there n molt.. So itll be 2-3 bucks a week :D

And if the petshops were smart... they would be chompin at the bit to get a 11 inch T. Imagine how much of an Attention grabber a 11 inch spider sittin there would be to people :D

and the total number was like 2605.. i guessed 2619

And kim..er.. Ouch? bet those hairs musta felt rreeaall good eh? :eek:

Ian

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
it was awful...

I dont remember the details,I bent down to look in the tank for some stupid reason, and it kicked a storm of hairs at me, and I inhaled them.. I felt like I had breathed in glass.
Learned my lesson, though. :)
I still think they are the best T's!

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea.. i know im gonna love these little guys when they come:D
But i know i cant take care of 20 of em..(too new to the hobby, seems like a big hassle) So im gonna be giving ernie a few of em, Since hes the one who got me into this hobby and gave me my first T and all that stuff=D
A few of my friends and a teacher want to buy one also, so ill probably end up with like 10..

Ian

Last edited:

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that is so funny....

Originally posted by DiStUrBeD-OnE
Yea.. i know im gonna love these little guys when they come:D
But i know i cant take care of 20 of em..(too new to the hobby, seems like a big hassle) So im gonna be giving ernie a few of em, Since hes the one who got me into this hobby and gave me my first T and all that stuff=D
A few of my friends and a teacher want to buy one also, so ill probably end up with like 10..

Ian
If i had won, I was gonna have them all sent to Ernie, then I was going to tell Ernie to send me only a couple ...I think he just has us all hypnotised so he can get more t's ;P

Kim

Iktomi

Arachnoservant
Old Timer
I occasionally handle mine...but I have to take plenty of time to do it. I usually use the brush to gently prod him over the side of the enclosure and onto my very flat and STILL hand. I don't care what anyone says, either...they know when the crawl on your hand that you are something to be unsure of. The moment a leg touches my palm he freezes and feels around and gets very reluctant to walk.
Sometimes he acts just like my P. murinus...i.e. stands his ground and bites and shows fangs. Other times he just sprints around the enclosure making lots of noise! He is awesome. I think I'll name him Walter Mathaeu.
:D

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I alwayz see people talking about L.Parahybana being agressive mine isnt really too agressive he kicks hairs like a mother though, but as far as biting or trying to bite he never even trys id say hes bold more then agressive he likes to it on top of his hid(which is an up sidedown plastic flower pot) and just hang out when ever i come he either runs into his hide or kicks hairs occasionlly he sits in his hide and when i come to change his water dish or whatever he runs out to see whats going on(very bold like i said before) and sees whats going on and just starts kicking hairs there are more agressive spiders out there and its not liek your getting shipped a bunch of giant spiders either there like 1/2 inch slings but a year from now they should be pretty large id say 5-6 inches maybe more, they grow pretty fast and there my personal favorite

Sean

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
seriously one of themost beautiful T's out there...
big bad boys!

are you planning on breeding when they get older (the Ts, not you)

peace
dave

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well i know i want to.. but after seeing that pic of tonys.. oie.. could you imagine 2600 slings?:eek:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hell yes i could.. and hopefully very soon i will be :) Tony's the man though, what can you say?

later
peace

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What is the most an L.Parahybana can have i have seen up too 2000 but tonys had way more then that so how much can they have like max 3k??

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Youd think a spider that has so many slings at a time would be as cheap as a rosie... but still costs ALOT when their adults.. Seems strange to me..

Ian

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Re: that is so funny....

Originally posted by rapunzel
If i had won, I was gonna have them all sent to Ernie, then I was going to tell Ernie to send me only a couple ...I think he just has us all hypnotised so he can get more t's ;P

Kim
You guys are killin me..LOL :D
This is the first time I've looked at this thread.
No wonder my ears have been burning.

Thanks Ian,
The slings will be a kick to grow. And you know I'll be suppling most of the crickets.;)

Kim,
I'll send you anything you want. Just ask. :} And you shall receive.

Last edited:

DiStUrBeD-OnE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea.. its seriously gonna take alot of crics to get these beasts to a good size.. Time for the Cric-Breeding project eh ern?:D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
actually, Ernie, in reverse,

soon you may be receiving a pkg from me :)

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Salmon pink

Can u post some pics, Stories, and temperment of ur L. parahybana