L. Parahybana(Brazilion salmon pink) questions?

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I acquired 15 L. parahybana s'lings from Tony in an arachnocontest. I gave most away, keeping only three. One is outgrowing the other two by leaps and bounds. I imagine that it is a male and that the other two are females.

Jon
I have actually found that the females will grow just as quickly as the males, atleast in my case even quicker. My female was molting twice for every 1 molt of my male. But, he simply refused food most of the time.

As for the brown L. parahybana, I received a very light brown male, and when he finally molted he looked fine and has kept his color ever since. Their color can lighten dramatically if kept too dry.

Jim B.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ooops...my bad.

Anyways, I can't believe that I ever thought that L. parahybana was an ugly T.

Jon

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I acquired 15 L. parahybana s'lings from Tony in an arachnocontest. I gave most away, keeping only three. One is outgrowing the other two by leaps and bounds. I imagine that it is a male and that the other two are females.

Jon
I have 4 of Tony's slings. Three of them molt within 48 hours of each other and 1 is about a week behind. Initially they all molted simultaneously. I'm hoping that the molting frequency of slings isn't a very accurate gauge for gender like many people seem to believe. All 4 of mine are the same size. I just took this pic tonight,

arcane

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got one of these suckers free from Art, I suspect maybe from the same sack as Buspirone as they look almost exactly the same size. Got mine in late June-ish.

July 10th, 2003: From ~ .4" to ~ .6"
August 10th, 2003: From ~ .6" to ~ .8"
September 15th, 2003: From ~.8" to ~ 1.2"

~ meaning approx, since I'm new to this T thing and its too small to measure well.

I've been feeding it as much as it wants, in some cases presenting it with pre-kill almost daily. I hope it doesnt burst. I got it for free with my B. Smithi... I didnt want the freebie but Art must not have gotten the message. ... now I'm looking forward to having a giant monster T and I'm trying to power feed it. (Eat, eat! You're all skin and uh.. chitlin.)

It already has a little burrow and drags its chopped up mealworm in there.. awe.. so cute.

esmoot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is one of my females that is under a year. I got her at a few months old from a local guy. I have kept her at 79 during the day and about 72 at night. I "powerfed" her like crazy until she was about 5". As you can see, now around 7".

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here's my male with my smaller female.
She actually came into his container, chased him around it, all the way onto the floor, and back into his home. He was terrified of her!

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow! That is a really cute picture. I didn't realize that their abdominal hair could get so bright.

Does anyone know what the size difference is between L. klugi and L. parahybana? I'm just kind of curious, because I am sure that I want an L. klugi, but am not sure if I should still keep L. parahybana on a long term basis -- for my giant spider needs. Becasue in all actuallity, I think that L. klugi captures the beauty of L. parahybana and then takes it up a notch or two.

Jon

Last edited: