L. malayanus SLINGS!!!

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Remember this?

Well I looked in on that enclosure tonight and-9 months later!-there must be 100+ babies! {D Some are running loose, but there are many tiny sets of trip lines.

I'll post some shots and details soon, but they are tiny so don't expect much. Fortunately I have some springtails. I hope they do OK, I'm leaving town for a week...

I'm not sure mom's still kicking. If see is, she's way in the back of her hole.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice job!spiderlings of this species are micro!!might be a good idea to see if the mother will feed them.

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That's great news! Congrats! :clap:

Is this one of the girls that my boy got to meet?

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great job, 8+!

Syndicate, based on 'spiderlings of this species are micro', have Liphistius been captive bred in the US before?

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Photos please!!! Do they have segmentation already?

Last edited:

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
nice job!spiderlings of this species are micro!!might be a good idea to see if the mother will feed them.
I wondered if mom would take care of them for a while, but as you can see in the pics they have already dispersed. Perhaps they are already 2nd or 3rd instar?

That's great news! Congrats! :clap:

Is this one of the girls that my boy got to meet?
I can't quite remember. I had a total of five males over several months and I tried to move them around between my two enclosures. I seem to remember that your male never made it into this enclosure, but I'll send you a couple anyway when/if I get some over the hump. I still have a female in the other enclosure, so I'll be checking in on her frequently now! She was definitely in with your boy.

Here are some pics. I really had to crop in on these, so they're not the greatest. I need to get my USB microscope back so I can try getting some more close shots.

This gives you an idea of the concentration of them in a 50l tub! You can see them both out and evidently in burrows.

Here's a door with the lines:

Here you can see some "feet" sticking out:

It's killing me that I'm away for a week! When I get back, I'm gonna set up a separate enclosure for the ones that haven't burrowed.

lhystrix

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
More great shots.
They are absolutely 2nd or 3rd instars.

My guess is as they grow they will start to look more and more like what is labeled as L. murphyorum. I'm thinking the so called murphyorum's in the trade are merely juvenile malayanus.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sweet...... so its gonna be 9 months before i see anything from mine:( that kinda sucks. lol. i am almost positive i have several knocked up females.

El Johano

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations!
Thay take pinhead crickets without problems. They grow fairly slow so you've got some work ahead of you :)

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
sweet...... so its gonna be 9 months before i see anything from mine:( that kinda sucks. lol. i am almost positive i have several knocked up females.
Hopefully we'll be trading to get some genetic diversity. ;) Although, these are so ancient and live in such close knit and isolated groups, that it might not be much of an issue?

Congratulations!
Thay take pinhead crickets without problems. They grow fairly slow so you've got some work ahead of you :)
Yeah, I had some hatch out a little over a week ago and they're already too big. I'll probably have to buy pinheads every other week for a while!

HaploFool

No longer a pet hole
Arachnosupporter
That's just adorable! AWESOME - CONGRATS!

I have a communal setup of those so I'm hoping to have the luck you have had!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

tarcan

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Amazing! Congrats on the babies, first time I see some, they are quite cute!

Take care

Martin

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I checked in on my other enclosure today and... MORE BABIES!!! {D