Resolved Known Issues After Migration 12/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
FYI, I've tried to change my color back and forth a few times today, and it's not working. If you'll put me back to Violet, I'll leave it alone. Sorry!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@Radium not sure what's going on with your account. :( I've tested with a test account and it's worked everytime. I'm going to set your color back to none. Please wait for a couple of hours before trying to switch your color again. Hopefully when you next change it, it will start to work. I'll check again tomorrow. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Thank you very much!

(I'm old and going to bed now - will change it in the AM.)

Last edited:

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Looks like it's still not working - I changed it about two hours ago. Logging out/in doesn't seem to have any effect.

I'm special! Send me tarantulas!

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
If you hit 'Reply', start typing, change your mind, and leave the page without deleting what you've typed, it's added to the draft of the next reply you make to the thread. Is this a bug or a feature? Not a fan, since I tend to change my mind mid-sentence - pretty sure I sound mentally ill.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Ordinarily once you have started a post, even a reply, you can't delete it. This is also a convenience setting for people who get net dunked, a save feature.

On the other note, I was under the impression changing your mind was kind of normal. The brain kicking and and asking 'WHAT THE FREAK ARE YOU DOING? STOP THAT! BAD KITTY!" I was also under the impression this is a genetic mandate, especially in the female of certain species. Not saying you aren't mentally ill but you haven't displayed any significant tell tale symptoms... yet.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Ordinarily once you have started a post, even a reply, you can't delete it. This is also a convenience setting for people who get net dunked, a save feature.

On the other note, I was under the impression changing your mind was kind of normal. The brain kicking and and asking 'WHAT THE FREAK ARE YOU DOING? STOP THAT! BAD KITTY!" I was also under the impression this is a genetic mandate, especially in the female of certain species. Not saying you aren't mentally ill but you haven't displayed any significant tell tale symptoms... yet.
I figured as much; I'll learn to adjust.

I mean that I haven't yet trained myself to actually delete the text I changed my mind about, so it looks like I'm rambling about F. Scott Fitzgerald, then cutting off mid-sentence to start squealing about tarantula feet.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
so it looks like I'm rambling about F. Scott Fitzgerald, then cutting off mid-sentence to start squealing about tarantula
Mentioning the Fitz in any context then rambling about blood sucking bats, cats, Gatsby and shiny black cars on cannery row in the rye sounds perfectly normal. Wait till you see what's in the elevator.

I suspect MrD has been fiddletweaking the posting set up and may continue to do so a little. The cannot delete is a blanket way of preserving DB integrity and avoid non sequiturs referring to non existent posts.
If all else fails you can report your own post and try to get the reference to _______, _________ and small children edited post facto ab demento.

Status
Not open for further replies.