Resolved Known Issues After Migration 12/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold blood

Staff member
Its gonna take some time to get used to all the changes (I'm slowly making progress), but it seems like y'all did a lot of work. Its moving considerably slower for me now, although I certainly expect that to improve with time, and its not like its annoyingly slow....I'm not complaining:wink: (I also see my memorization of all the emoticons is now virtually useless):)

One thing I haven't been able to figure out though....Prior I had it set up so that when I opened a thread, the last post was at the top, opposite of the way most people had it, and I really really liked that, however I cannot find out how or even if its possible to alter with the new set up.

My post number took a serious hit, too, lost about a K, not that it matters a bit, just something I noticed.

Thanks for all your hard work, I'm sure its appreciated my more than just me.

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@cold blood Do you really think it's running considerably slower now? IMO it seems to be running a bit faster.

Yep, we switched out all the smileys, so the value of your memorization has been depreciated ;)

Unfortunately, there is no option to change the post order.

Not sure what you mean about your post count. I checked the old forums and you were at 2319. You're currently at 2322... :D

You're quite welcome. We hope you enjoy the new software :D

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
cold blood, can you run a traceroute and see if it's the board or you got stuffed through some narrow rabbit holes getting to it. Also use traceroute or other and check the latency. A trend of that would give the AB crew some hints where to poke at things.

cold blood

Staff member
No, its not considerable, just slower, a few extra seconds....it could easily be my computer being slowed by something unrelated, I will defrag and re-boot tonight. I was on a fishing forum the past few days and that particular forum always causes issues and runs very slow....this is a much more well run, well taken care of forum by a long shot, and you'll never know how much i appreciate that.

The post count thing, I was just playing:) Sorry to make you look it up:(

The Snark

Old Timer
That could be my cue for some 'I remember when...' anecdotes. Just one.

I was an admin on a chat room. I fired up a new code I had banged together which instantly went into an endless loop. :rolleyes:

Things went downhill from there then got worse. My connect lagged out. The main admin at that moment closed log ons as he tried to find the cause of the lag. After about any hour I was able to hack my way in. The admin had set an autoboot too and I got dropped after about 5 seconds. I wrote the admin a short message, copied it to clipboard, rehacked my way in, a couple dozen more tries, and finally managed to paste and send my note telling him what code to set halt on. He wasn't happy. :punch::rage::mad:

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Gotta learn all the new emoticons here too. The two side-by-side pink crosses for disagree and helpful... I hope I won't click wrong one - esp if in a hurry! Could be embarrassing if not caught before moving along to another thread. I hope re-clicking will 'undo' that error, if I catch it in time! :eek:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Gotta learn all the new emoticons here too. The two side-by-side pink crosses for disagree and helpful... I hope I won't click wrong one - esp if in a hurry! Could be embarrassing if not caught before moving along to another thread. I hope re-clicking will 'undo' that error, if I catch it in time! :eek:
Didn't realize they were that similar until you mentioned it. Moved over a bit now :)

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Thanks! I had no idea that was a feature that could be changed. I am just careless sometimes, not that touchpad competent, and learning these by hovering over each before selecting. :)

The Snark

Old Timer
Thanks! I had no idea that was a feature that could be changed. I am just careless sometimes, not that touchpad competent, and learning these by hovering over each before selecting. :)
Oh can I ever see this one coming with Win8 and a touch pad: 'I hit the like but got cake and coffee!'

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I just noticed after finishing a page i now have to scroll back to the top to move on. No big deal, just noticed :)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@Chris11 There's actually 2 ways to get back to the top if you scroll down a little bit more, past the "similar threads". You can go back into the thread listing for the forum you're currently in by clicking the forum name, or, you can go back to the top of the page you're currently viewing by clicking "top".

top.png

Chris11

ArachnoBat
@Chris11 There's actually 2 ways to get back to the top if you scroll down a little bit more, past the "similar threads". You can go back into the thread listing for the forum you're currently in by clicking the forum name, or, you can go back to the top of the page you're currently viewing by clicking "top".

View attachment 204079
Thanks! The 'top' button isnt there on my phone so theres my problem!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
The styles are responsive so depending on screen width, certain things may not be there. The forum name "breadcrumb" should be there at the very least.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I also find the "quick navigation" button located both on top and on the bottom to be a handy tool for jumping around.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
The violet Arachnosupporter color doesn't seem to be working. I'm a girl, you know, so that's serious business.

The Snark

Old Timer
PING! Comes the dawn! THAT'S what a 'cake' click is for! A zap at the dreaded 'I'll get back to you' as in let-them-eat... which we all known is a euphemism for various measurements of time involving a lot of zeros and only comprehensible to astrophysicists and certain fish.

On your hunt for The Color Purple you could add a -Delete this mess/post- to the edit button. And while you are at it we could use some chartreuse, magenta, aquamarine and exorcist vomit green.

Status
Not open for further replies.