King baboon or goliath birdeater

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
To the OP, if you already had a few T. stirmi, then why not try any of the other "birdeater" genus? There are many cheaper options to Theraphosa, like Pamphobeteus and Phormictopus that are almost half the price (depending) and almost as big. Personally, I love my Pampho sp. Goliath and would go for any of the SA bird eater T's just to be able to get an amazing feeding with a T you can see a lot more. Absolutely no offense to the Godess, PBUH. I just think that big SA birdeaters are more entertaining to keep. Given, you do need to pu more work into them, I just can't deal with not seeing a T for 3 years! My nerves would be shot after 5 months :depressed:

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
C'mon guys... The puppy spider! The big-as-a-dinner-plate tarantula! How can you NOT pick a Theraphosa??

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I got lucky. I seem to have been blessed with the only king baboon that doesn't burrow lol. This is what she's doing 90% of the time. IMG_1143.JPG IMG_1141.JPG

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
C'mon guys... The puppy spider! The big-as-a-dinner-plate tarantula! How can you NOT pick a Theraphosa??
Noooooooooooooooooooo! :-/

" Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi! " ???

I believed you were a sincere Goddess loyalist. But as this great Chinese song proves, there's "No Brothers" I'm afraid :-(

* lol jok man :kiss:

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Chiming in late. I say king baboon all the way. They used to have one at the SAN Diego zoo in a very large enclosure with birds and a few other small mammals. It was so large I had to ask the keeper what it was. His reply was king baboon then he said and people think goliaths get big. It was always out for all to see.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Chiming in late. I say king baboon all the way. They used to have one at the SAN Diego zoo in a very large enclosure with birds and a few other small mammals. It was so large I had to ask the keeper what it was. His reply was king baboon then he said and people think goliaths get big. It was always out for all to see.
A virtual Kiss for a Nevada Lady straight from Northern Italy <3

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her -- shouldn't be questioned nor compared, but owned u_u
Do you think the Queen is just some prize to be won?! A piece of property to be held?! :bored:

One does not own a Queen, we meerly serve her and give her a temple in which she thrives.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Do you think the Queen is just some prize to be won?! A piece of property to be held?! :bored:

One does not own a Queen, we meerly serve her and give her a temple in which she thrives.
!!!!!!!

What? bryverine my friend? I was the first, completely alone, humble priest to praise really the Goddess Benign Mother!

I don't want credit/s of all sorts, but only Devotion for Her :rage:

Words of division... among those that keeps the Goddess flame up? No! No way, Man, they will need to 'stampede' on my dead body first! For that I will stand & fight!

I only used what, at that moment, my poor English skills, as an Italian, gave me, maybe not the right word, granted... but those that dare to keep alive and mantain the Legacy needs to stick together as Brothers & Sisters.

We are a Family, and nothing is more important in life than health and family. No one will ruin our noble mission :)

The Goddess is like Uroboro, the Goddess transcend time, space, feelings. A sling or a juve, blooming into a Goddess, no matter.

The Goddess is the "Ground Zero" of Theraphosidae, Cornelio Agrippa and Count Cagliostro 'Homunculus' dream? Well, she lived before that!

Please continue to help me and our quest, my New Mexico Brother. For that we have enemies, that want and seek to see US divided. And divided we fall!

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
!!!!!!!

What? bryverine my friend? I was the first, completely alone, humble priest to praise really the Goddess Benign Mother!

I don't want credit/s of all sorts, but only Devotion for Her :rage:

Words of division... among those that keeps the Goddess flame up? No! No way, Man, they will need to 'stampede' on my dead body first! For that I will stand & fight!

I only used what, at that moment, my poor English skills, as an Italian, gave me, maybe not the right word, granted... but those that dare to keep alive and mantain the Legacy needs to stick together as Brothers & Sisters.

We are a Family, and nothing is more important in life than health and family. No one will ruin our noble mission :)

The Goddess is like Uroboro, the Goddess transcend time, space, feelings. A sling or a juve, blooming into a Goddess, no matter.

The Goddess is the "Ground Zero" of Theraphosidae, Cornelio Agrippa and Count Cagliostro 'Homunculus' dream? Well, she lived before that!

Please continue to help me and our quest, my New Mexico Brother. For that we have enemies, that want and seek to see US divided. And divided we fall!
Why am i getting the idea i am about to join a maffia family...? :p

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Hmm difficult question...

On one hand, you have a beautiful tarantula that is the poster child of this hobby, almost always visible and gets huge in a reasonable time.

On the other hand, you have a hole with some webbing in it.

How can one decide what to choose?!?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Hmm difficult question...

On one hand, you have a beautiful tarantula that is the poster child of this hobby, almost always visible and gets huge in a reasonable time.

How can one decide what to choose?!?
thats my reasoning, P muts are great but i like to see my spiders.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
False. That 'hole' is the Domain of the Goddess 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH -- Peace Be Upon Her --
nothing but Her perfumed garden of delights, that lead Us, Her humble Priests, to a thousand and one nights. With an army of P.murinus, Her Prophet, defending that secret path of course :-s

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I own both of the spiders listed and i personally like them both for their own reasons. If i absolutely had to pick one it would have to be my queen.