Just sitting here like a worried parent.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
How stressed were you when your first T molted?

Pixel is getting ready. Has moved around a couple times since this picture.

http://imgur.com/a/pMeRd
My first molt happened while I was away for the weekend... it was interesting to leave a 2.5" T behind and come back to a 4" beast two days later. And she just now flipped over again for round 2! :D:D:D

Don't sweat it. This is what spiders do! It helped me to read about the actual chemical process of molting and how the new exoskeleton forms beneath the old one. It's incredibly interesting.

EDIT: Here's a quick shot I snapped of my aforementioned L. difficilis just now :cigar:
IMG_6744.JPG

Last edited:

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
My main worry at the moment is that I don't think he/she has ever drink from the water bowl. At least I have never seen it. So I keep putting droplets on the web to be sure. o_O

DeanK

Arachnosquire
I stress a little bet every time 1 flips over, I start to check in on them a little more

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Don't worry man :-s

T's knows better. Molt issues are very rare. If the water dish is full (and the correct parameters depending upon the T's of course) your part is over.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
The first molt or two I worried a bit then it was just the norm. Now I snap a few photos if I can do so without disturbing the T much.

Good luck.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
I find keeping busy helps pass the time by. The worst is when you see the flip right before going to sleep. Suddenly I'm wide awake lol

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
I woke up to seeing my first T mid molt. I didnt have my glasses on so I saw the legs sticking up and panicked for a second thinking it died. After getting my glasses on I saw the steady, gentle pulsing of the T pushing the old exo off. Snapped this photo of the event.
_20151107_112326.JPG

I try to be as observant as I can be when I know a T is molting. Its interesting to watch and see the subtle changes between the molts.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I worry all the time.

I currently have one of my favourites in a sticky situation. I found my AF Idiothele mira flipped yesterday morning and she is in the same position just now with a lot of movement in her legs but no sign of any further out the old skin :(

louise f

Arachnoangel
I worry all the time.

I currently have one of my favourites in a sticky situation. I found my AF Idiothele mira flipped yesterday morning and she is in the same position just now with a lot of movement in her legs but no sign of any further out the old skin :(
I hope she makes it friend, fingers crossed <3

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It freaked me out I won't lie. It's certainly more stressful than having your cat shed on the couch (and the rug, and all your black clothes... Etc).

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I get really excited and slightly nervous every time I see someone flipped over! I definitely try to take photos if I can, and I get so antsy I cannot focus on anything else until the T is upright again!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I feel my gal is a lost cause now as have noticed small number of mites and a wet spot around her abdomen. She struggles to get push out every now and then but still no progress. :(

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I feel my gal is a lost cause now as have noticed small number of mites and a wet spot around her abdomen. She struggles to get push out every now and then but still no progress. :(
Sorry to hear that man.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I am so sorry also. I admit, doesn't sound hopeful. :(

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
If it reaches the point where you know there is no hope, and you just can't stand it any longer -- you can euthanize. I freeze mine -- others use CO. You should know in your heart if it's time. Since you mentioned mites, well, that makes this case more hopeless sounding. I am so sorry. :(

trinaxxx

Arachnopeon
I worry all the time.

mites!?
how does this happen!?
ill be paranoid now...
is yhere anyway to help avoid mites...
ive had them on a dead cricket before in one of the tanks...
and i brought a sling a salmon pink and her bark of wood had little yellowish white things in the tiny cracks, are these mites?
how do you get rid...
sorry about ur T... poor thing