Just sitting here like a worried parent.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Mite and other pests are cause by many different factors. Stagnant air and moisture, rotten feeders/boluses left in cage. Mites thrive in dark warm and moist conditions this is why good ventilation is necessity. They are not always a bad thing if only a few.

I have no idea what happened with my I. mira cage. She was kept dry. I had my fan off for 2 days and turned it back on at the time I had seen her on her back. I'm guessing there was a nasty bolus in one of her burrows and with the fan off it maybe gave the chance of the mites. Maybe I had too little ventilation I dont know.

If I had seen them before she was trying to moult I would have removed her to a completely dry enclosure with new sub. I have always believed no T should be touched while moulting.

Unfortunately when I had first saw the mites it was too late. They seemed to be eating the area around her spinnerets why she was already on her back.

She is still on her back today but much less movement and the mites are still there. It doesnt look like this is going to end well for her :(

Last edited:

trinaxxx

Arachnopeon
Mite and other pests are cause by many different factors. Stagnant air and moisture, rotten feeders/boluses left in cage. Mites thrive in dark warm and moist conditions. They are not always a bad thing if only a few.

I have no idea what happened with my I. mira cage. She was kept dry. I had my fan off for 2 days and turned it back on at the time I had seen her on her back. I'm guessing there was a nasty bolus in one of her burrows and with the fan off it maybe gave the chance of the mites.

If I had seen them before she was trying to moult I would have removed her to a completely dry enclosure with new sub. I have always believed no T should be touched why moulting.

Unfortunately when I had first saw the mites it was too late. They seemed to be eating the area around her spinnerets.

She is still on her back today but much less movement and the mites are still there. It doesnt look like this is going to end well for her :(
Oh no...
How sad for her
I have just checked my T's they seem mite free... feel paranoid now...

You'll have to let me know how it turns out!

hope your okay too!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Mite and other pests are cause by many different factors. Stagnant air and moisture, rotten feeders/boluses left in cage. Mites thrive in dark warm and moist conditions this is why good ventilation is necessity. They are not always a bad thing if only a few.

I have no idea what happened with my I. mira cage. She was kept dry. I had my fan off for 2 days and turned it back on at the time I had seen her on her back. I'm guessing there was a nasty bolus in one of her burrows and with the fan off it maybe gave the chance of the mites. Maybe I had too little ventilation I dont know.

If I had seen them before she was trying to moult I would have removed her to a completely dry enclosure with new sub. I have always believed no T should be touched while moulting.

Unfortunately when I had first saw the mites it was too late. They seemed to be eating the area around her spinnerets why she was already on her back.

that sucks, so sorry for you:(

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
She is still on her back. I havent seen any movement in the last few hours :(

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That sucks, mate. But it happened to me a number of times and there's really nothing you can do about it.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
That sucks, mate. But it happened to me a number of times and there's really nothing you can do about it.
Its awful. She would be getting paired soon but i have male will need to search a female now :(

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
@KezyGLA Hope things work out for you. I am rooting for her.

I came home from work today to see that Pixel had molted. It is amazing how blue a freshly molted Versicolor is. I will try to get a picture tomorrow as I do not want to disturb him/her.