Just knocked this up, see how it goes

Bread

Arachnopeon
You really NEED to upload this to YouTube. I'd love to see your video!!
Nothing much happens tbh. She hasnt made a burrow at all. She sits underwater during the day and roams about at night. Ive just bought a 3foot fishtank off gumtree for a tenner! (About 16$) no leaks. Now i know she doesnt poop or stick bolus in the water a proper tank is in the making. Fish and all.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is pretty interesting to me at least. Have you observed her moving around underwater, or she resides in one place?

Bread

Arachnopeon
She moves from spot to spot, shes even webbed underwater at the spots she sits in.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
One of the T's I got from my brother is a Hysterocrates sp, cameroon (he says it was WC so I shouldn't call it a gigas?)
So is this a H.gigas or a different species? I thought all H.gigas came from Cameroon. Is this like hobby forms vs WC?

She moves from spot to spot, shes even webbed underwater at the spots she sits in.
She sits underwater during the day and roams about at night.
OK, this just went higher on the list. I think, if I do setup a pool for one it'll be something that I can remove for easy cleaning though. I have some acrylic enclosure tops, which should be big enough, that could easily fit into a slot that can be removed when needed.

Post the video man I want to see them under the water. :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
From what he said, I did find something online that agreed Ill attempt to find it again now, cameroon are pure, whilst h.gigas in the hobby have been bred with other H species causing a mongrel of sorts.
They still sell them at Spidershop http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/hysterocrates-cameroon-p-2854.html#.V6jo0ugrKkE
Ah ah, I love to read TSS T's description, but even if this one is funny, I have to disagree. Genus Hysterocrates are IMO the 'Grammos' of African 'Baboons', they are a bluff... 'potatoes' basically :kiss:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
From what he said, I did find something online that agreed Ill attempt to find it again now, cameroon are pure, whilst h.gigas in the hobby have been bred with other H species causing a mongrel of sorts.
They still sell them at Spidershop http://www.thespidershop.co.uk/hysterocrates-cameroon-p-2854.html#.V6jo0ugrKkE
Ahh, so it is like hobby form vs WC. I was wondering as I haven't seen anything named like this elsewhere (I did see two sale post with them in there one from EU and the other here in the states)

Bread

Arachnopeon
Ahh, so it is like hobby form vs WC. I was wondering as I haven't seen anything named like this elsewhere (I did see two sale post with them in there one from EU and the other here in the states)
yeh pretty much, she's nothing like the other videos on youtube I can tell you, she hides like a rock all day, i can even touch her leg with a tickler and she wont move a mm.
But at night shes about like a speed machine.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I love these Ts. Thanks for posting this Bread. It is always neat to see and hear reports of underwater Ts.