Just curious, What did you name your T's & why?

Drakk

Arachnosquire
I named mine these....as to why...random as can be whatever struck me I guess other than Lucky that spent 3 weeks in my D. diadema tank when he was under .5 lol...
L. parahybana "Lucky, Miss Giganto, Thud, Star, Shrimp
G. pulchra "Void"
G pulchripes "Kumo, Red, Kura, Shin, Jinn"
G. rosea "Miss legs, little bit"
A. versicolor "Smurph, Akuma, Silk"
C. fasciatum "Hermit"
C. cyaneopubescens "Sunrise"
E. sp blue "Blue"
P. irminia "spaz, Anguirus"
B. smithi "Tank"
B. emelia "Blaze"
B. bohemei "Pyre"
P. regalis "Reggie"
D. diadema "Zarg, Zil, Liz, Friendly"
Vinegaroon "Vinny"
A. bicegoi "Kazuya, Ghidora
A. avic yasha, neko

tristandude3

Arachnopeon
My G. rosea is Harry :razz: which was the most original thing i could think of when i was 8 lol. He's an oooooooooold man lol. My GBB is Houdini, because he/she is such an escape artist. The OBT is named Dorsey. For those of you that watched Gold Rush Alaska, i think its quite appropriate :D.

Jayz159

Arachnopeon
x]

Queso - B. Smithi(comes from mexico)
Chips - P. Irminia(well i guess he and smithi get along)
Shearcaun - C fasciatum (tiger like. shearcaun = tiger)
Toeshee - b albopilosa (I have no idea)
Junior - L parahybana (because we all know how small they get ;] :liar: )
blues clues - P. Metallica (he's blue?:?)
needle - P. Ornata (dangerous as a needle :rolleyes:)

Verneph

Arachnosquire
A. Avic: Margarette- She was my first T. I thought it was a pretty name.

G. Rosea: Clyde- My girlfriend named this one. She liked the name and hoped it was a boy. Funny story: I'm almost positive Clyde is a female. Still, the name stuck.

P. Irminia: Morrigan- I just thought it suited her. She's named after a character from one of my favorite video games. She ended up having a similar personality to that character as it turned out.

I also have two crayfish named Harry and Marv after the robbers from Home Alone.

Alexandra V

Arachnosquire
Xenesthis immanis: Thor - I love both the Marvel comic and the Norse mythology, and because he suits the personality of Thor in the comics.

Grammostola pulchripes: Freya - Norse godess of love, and she's pretty bi-polar, so I figured it was a good fit.

Grammostola rosea/porteri: Hel - Norse godess of the underworld, and she has a tendency to be a screaming banchee of anger sometimes, so... :p

Leora22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like to name my tarantulas cuz when I show people them there more comfortable saying names like varda, B.B.king ect then some long latin name... they seem to pay more attention to them, especially kids...kids love names it makes them in there eyes less scary :) at least thats my theory lol
My T's
1 unsexed G.pulchripes named Eisley (after one of my fav bands)
1 G.rosea rcf s'ling named Varda (hebrew for rose)
1. G.pulchra s'ling named B.B.King (becuz common name is (B)razilian (B)lack)
1.B.brachypelma s'ling named spaz cuz s/he is a spaz
1B.albopilosum s'ling named Cuzin It :)

Terreant

Arachnopeon
Named my B. smithi female Gigabyte and have yet to choose a name for the B. albo sling.

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats the opposite of a blondi - its a rosea! A gorgeous, massive one!

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like to give any pet i get that be considered scary or horrid to most people i like to give them cute names, sorta names you would give to a kitten. I called my rosea Bubbles and my Emp. Scorp Cuddles.

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Our youngest son named our slings before I even got a chance to think of something - A.versicolor is now Caboose and Grama.concepcion is now Simmons. Yeah he's a Red vs Blue freak....

JayMadison

Arachnosquire
I named mine after my favorite literary characters
A. Avic "Harper" (after Harper Pitt)
B. Smithi "Brett" (after Brett Ashley)
I still want to name a spider after Dominique Francon

Yes, it's nerdy, but it's what too many lit classes do to you lol.

Amagire

Arachnopeon
My P. murinus is Xanthoria... it's one of the shy hidey ones, so I named it after a type of lichen. My girlfriend's OBT is Chanterelle, after an orange mushroom.

I also have a 2" Psalmopoeus irminia sling that I call "the hellkitten", because I never know when it's going to lurk quietly in its bottle or come boiling out at me in a tiny ball of spider fury. I have some other spiderlings who are too small and tender for names yet -- the hellkitten is just special.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only two names I have come up with for my Ts are

GBB: Gem - Because she is so beautiful.

P. regalis: Flash - I think that one is obvious haha

All others don't have names. I wait until I find a good name for my T that fits their personality

thruthetrees

Arachnosquire
The ones I have named so far...

P. murinus / OBTs
**Bawk--because he is a very mighty chicken!
**Sambo--my first OBT, not sure why but it stuck.
**Hemingway--because "he" told me that was his name ;)
**Saffron--character from a TV show called Firefly, she played a 2-faced &%&^# and had orangey-colored hair.
**Frost--as most OBTs like to web, this one does too and "frosted" a layer of web over the entire substrate and hides. It reminded me of frosting.

P. irminia
**Turbo--obvious, right? My VERY FIRST T :) My boyfriend named her :)
**Gatsby--he told me that was his name ;)

C. schioedtei
**Lucher--because "he" is a very lucrative T!

A. Avicularia
**Slippers--3/4" sling looks like it's wearing little black slippers (dont they all..)

A. bicegoi
**Glory--her colors remind me of fireworks or fiber-optic light toys

G. pulchripes
**Ludo--after a character in Labyrinth because he is so docile

P. regalis
**Ghost--because I have never seen more than a few legs of her.

Not a T... I have a Castianeira longipalpa that my boyfriend named "Cleetus" (as a bit of a joke) when he caught her for me. It just stuck :) She's my first pet spider and the reason I got into Ts so I included her here ;)

vickywild

Arachnoknight
G.Rosea: Brody. Named after:

G.Rosea: Ben. Named after:

Although, Ben is a girl haha.

B.Smithi: Hooker. She's named after my favourite song on Lady Gagas album "Born This Way." Called Government Hooker.

G.Pulchripes: Aragog. Named after:

:cute:

tloquenehouk

Arachnopeon
I had a "pet Rock" that my daughter when a small child named Mufasa.(If i recall correctly, I named the thing Ganghis and she renamed it) She was on a Lion King kick at the time. And I suppose that was much better then , say, BARNEY! She died (Mufasa-not the child!) at the age of about 20. Now I have a Mexican Fireleg named Tloquenehouk. The name is a of a Mexican God/Diety that is sexless. And seens as she's from Mexico and I don't know if she IS a she, well there you have it. I have named my White Striped Bird Eater Lloth. Now as you scifi buffs know, Drizzt is the character of a woman's dreams,(in my dreams at least!) its my hats off to R.A. Salvatore who actually lives in the next town over from me...but thats for another board! lol I have a Mexican Blonde, A Giant Black & White, A Giant White Knee, a Curly hair, and a Ecudorian Blue who are all unnamed at this time. I am searching..........

Last edited:

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Still need names:

A. geniculata (sling) - Needs a name that conveys its piggish eating habits
How about "Oink"? :D

Avicularia versicolor: Tannenbaum -- inspired by a member of this forum who was decrying this species on the grounds of why would anyone want a T that grows up to look like a "Christmas tree"

B. smithii: Fluffy -- just to be ornery and the shock value when introducing it to folks who would first assume "Fluffy" is a cat or dog.....
:D

sebeed

Arachnopeon
B.Smithi: Hooker. She's named after my favourite song on Lady Gagas album "Born This Way." Called Government Hooker.
I totally would have gone with Scheibe ;)
hmmm, maybe ill name my next T that lol

Cheeka - 4" F G. pulchripes - i was referring to her as chaco for some time before we got her, so i had to think of something similar

Pim - Male A. avicularia - 2.5" - i was looking for a name related to the region i brainfarted and thought his common name indicated he was from (for whatever reason i was calling him an antilles pinktoe when i was trying to name him lol) I found pim and thought it was a cute name that would fit his adorableness

Gio - Poss male A geniculata - 1.75" - it was going to be Giovani but i ended up calling him Gio all the time

Lincoln - male L. parahybana sling* - because they are always referred to as LP which makes me think of linkin park lol
Lillith - female L.parahybana sling* - becuase i like the name :)

*we have 5 LP slings, this is presuming that there is at least one male and one female lol