Just curious, What did you name your T's & why?

demonanjel117

Arachnopeon
My first and only T that just passed was an A. Anax, lol Named Mr. Anax! I know not very creative but it sounded like a very seious Asian business man and very official and snobby to me (he never touched a bite of food always turned away or buried it under his water dish as if he was to good for it!)

Skinky Girl

Arachnopeon
T Names

A. versicolor: Mrs. Lovette- Of Mrs. Lovette's Meat Pies located on Fleet Street (Sweeney Todd)
A. versicolor: Evangeline- just bc it's pretty, like her.
A. Avic: ChaCha Maru
A. Peru sp.: Penelope the Purple People Eater
A. Minatrix: Bellatrix
A. Geniculata: Ferreira- After a Brazilian, serial killing OBGYN
N. tripepii: Cherry- as in Grind House
N chromatus: Echo
P. ornatas: Eins, Zwei, Drei

Alexandrine Parakeet: Yoshi- He says "I'm a dinosaur" and I'm part of the Super Mario Bros generation
Hamster: Billie Jean

Several more T's don't have names yet. I like to get to know them first :)

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
my only named T is my p irminia i named it evil kinevil. after i was transfering it to its new enclosure it lept off the bathroom counter directly into the trashcan i had just emptied and replaced the bag in. the bag was still not formed to the can and had a big air pocket in it, so it acted like a stuntman's air mattress thingy. T is perfectly fine, it just molted 2 days ago or so, and this little incident happened july 17th.

lesson learned...do T xfering on the FLOOR lol

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
New additions:
My daughter's -
0.0.3 A. versicolor - Amadeus- because she likes the name; Barbell- dunno; Charlotte- after the book

Mine:
0.0.1 A. versi - Chipara - rainbow
0.2.0 Aphonopelma sp 'Murietta' - Belinda (came named) and Moreta (from Anne McCaffrey characters)
0.0.1 Species unknown red rump - UNKle (first thing that came to mind...)
0.0.1 GBB- Crayola .....

0.0.2 Monocentropus balfouri - Denim and Dungaree

0.0.3 E. pulcherimaklaasi - Uhuru, Kira, Guinan (Star Trek characters)

0.0.6 Aphonopelma crinirufum - Bramble, Thistle, Nettle, Holly, Acacia, Briar

0.0.2 OBT - Mephistopheles (named after its father), and Chaska (means 'star')

All the rest named after Anne McCaffrey characters
0.0.1 B. schroederi - Caylith
0.0.1 N. chromatus - Nerilka
0.0.1 A. seemani - Zaranth
0.0.1 B. boehmei - Manora

Br33DX

Arachnopeon
p. irminia -> diva, cuz shes a real b1tch, even for a irminia
b. klaasi -> ruby, cuz of her colour
a. sp. amazonica -> sparky, bought her directly after she molted, was not on purpose, but she still was so shiney so i kind of gave her that name
a. huriana -> fluffy...well cuz shes so hairy and...well...fluffy.. O.O

emilybee222

Arachnopeon
I named my t Esperanza because it's part of a song title from my favorite band, The Dresden Dolls.

---------- Post added 08-07-2011 at 06:14 PM ----------

Brody dalle is amazing!

derdom

Arachnopeon
My A.versi is Isis and my G. pulchripes is Tut. Fascinated by ancient Egyptian culture. Will probably continue with anticipated next two "T's".

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I've got eight. I try to be creative with my names, and try to keep the names fitting to their personalities.

B. smithi - Catastrophe - It's a misnomer, but it has always been a favorite word, and she's my darling.
B. vagans - Calamity - don't really know why.
G. rosea - Smiling Jack - He's dapper and well behaved, except when his victims (crickets) are concerned.
G. rosea - Elesebeth - after the blood countess. She's a serial killer when it comes to crickets.
P. murinus - Electra - After the character from "Electra" by Sophocles. Their personalities are very similar.
B. vagans - Aragog - Got as a freebie. Very very tiny, so I named it in hopes that it will grow. :geek:
B. vagans - Shelob - Also a freebie, same as Aragog, I think they're from the same sac. Named in hopes of it getting bigger. :geek:
G. pulcripes - Audacia - Latin for courage. She's a fearless, sweet tarantula. She is the spider I use in demonstrations to teach kids about spiders.

I want more, but Dad's put a limit on what I can keep in the house.

cellum110

Arachnopeon
I named my fairly young and new P .Formosa Hiroshima and my first tarantula a G .rosea Nagasaki, i called them these names because they both resemble very rare events in world history which relates to in my opinion tarantulas since to most they are seen as rare as pets and quite exotic, And of course because the cities are both Japanese which is quite a tropical area with exotic names.

Dazo420

Arachnopeon
I only have the 1 T a G rosea which my 3 yr old son has named gulliver after the movie gullivers travels lol. Its all because all the other spiders kicking about are tiny compared to my G rosea so my son thinks its a giant like gulliver. Im not sure what sex gulliver is but my son assures me its a boy lol.

Flick and jojo

Arachnopeon
I named my Brachy Boehmei "Flick"... for their habit of flicking hair :) and since I don't know if it's a boy or girl yet figured that name suits both gender.

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i named my avic avic pinkie because of the toes
g. pulchripes 5.5" female coco ( golden knee )
g. pulchripes sling bud tiny like a new bud on a plant
h. lividum sling about 1.5" blue because of the adult colors

Fever

Arachnopeon
G. Rosea- Cataclysm
G. Pulchripes- Famine or Plague depending on what it is....

I have sort of a dark theme with my pet names...my cat is named Havoc. Next T's will be Strife and War.

Smaughunter

Arachnopeon
all of my T's have names but I am too lazy right now to list all 33. There are a few different themes.

Cute random names: A mettalica is Nimbus, like the cloud, because she is soft, fluffy, and blue.

Names with meanings: GBB is Kinuko, which means "child of silk".

Named after characters from books or television: P scrofa female is Khan after the Star Trek villain, her MM is Kirk; their babies are Picard, Data, Worf, and Q.

Andrew140932

Arachnopeon
I have to versicolor slings one is named Lydia because I like that name and one is named haze after somebody I like

greg larkins

Arachnopeon
i had a G. Rosea that i named "Techn9ne" because that's who i was listening to when i got her and also because i thought the way she moved was very technical-ish.

now i have a B. Smithi named "Bob" after Bob the Builder and also because he's a Mexican.
an A. sp Peru Purple that my GF named "Clotho" after one of the Greek Fates (she is in charge of destiny, constantly spinning the threads of life).
and an OBT that i named "Apollyon" after the Greek god of death and destruction.