Is this POECILOTHERIA ORNATA male or female??

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've read this thread thru and I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm going to post a pic of my ornata and see what you all say. It's around the 5 inch mark I have a couple more pics of it if you need it. I can get a dorsal shot too. Just ask.

P. ornata

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't even need a ventral. That is a female. Solid white on the abdomen is not found on males at any stage.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How big is that girl? I have immature males and mature males. And plenty of them I might be able to hook you up.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's around 5 or 5 1/2 inch leg span. Maybe six but no bigger. She's always at the top of her hide and never stretched out.

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol its late and when I read it I thought it made sense lol
Give me a break

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hello boys...
I whant some opinions because I don`t know P pederseni and fasciata to sex...
First ones are 3 fasciata, 3 pederseni and 2 regalis...
Please tell me what you think about the sex of this little angels...
I'll throw out my guesses,
#1 - Female
#2 - Female
#3 - Male

epr0gress said:
more pics :D
#1 - Male
#2 - Male

epr0gress said:
And the last ones...:D
#1 - Too blurry, possible Male
#2 - Male
#3 - Male

Your pictures aren't the best, I judged them by what I can make out. So, there is a good possibility that I am wrong. :)

This is what you should look for when it is a male,

epr0gress

Arachnopeon
I'll throw out my guesses,
#1 - Female
#2 - Female
#3 - Male

#1 - Male
#2 - Male

#1 - Too blurry, possible Male
#2 - Male
#3 - Male

Your pictures aren't the best, I judged them by what I can make out. So, there is a good possibility that I am wrong. :)

This is what you should look for when it is a male,
I know... but I whant some opinions from more experienced ones...
The last 4 pictures in the third post are regalis... they have a white band on the ventral side... that meens female, right?

Please repete again your quessing by telling me exact picture from witch post ( 1,2 or 3 ) because : in picture 1&2 from the first post is the same fasciata( dorsal&ventral), in the 3 picture is another fasciata ( only ventral )...
The 5th pic from second post and first from 3th post is the same pokie... I can`t put more than 5 pics in one post...
The other picture are like this : first dorsal and second ventral!

Regards,Andrei

Last edited:

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Please repete again your quessing by telling me exact picture from witch post ( 1,2 or 3 ) because : in picture 1&2 from the first post is the same fasciata( dorsal&ventral), in the 3 picture is another fasciata ( only ventral )...
The 5th pic from second post and first from 3th post is the same pokie... I can`t put more than 5 pics in one post...
I was going by the ventrals only.

#1 would be the first ventral pic, #2 second ventral and so on.