is this a scrofa or rosea RCF?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
its around 1.5 - 1.8 inch body span. sorry for blurry pics

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Looks like Paraphysa scrofa to me, but the picture isn't very clear.

Paraphysa scrofa

Grammostola rosea RCF

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's definately P.scrofa. Two things that give it away to me are, one, the enlongated abdomen, and two, the bright patch on the abdomen. The G.rosea you should becky has it that bright because of kicking.

ronin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Agree that it's a P. scrofa. Compare the mirror patch shape w/Becca's pics.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's definately P.scrofa. Two things that give it away to me are, one, the enlongated abdomen, and two, the bright patch on the abdomen. The G.rosea you should becky has it that bright because of kicking.
It's the shape of the mirror patch and the "wavy" setae that push in this direction.

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
someone sold this to me as a G.Rosea RCF. is this better than the G.Rosea RCF? how about care, and size? body size is around 1.5 - 2 inches. is this max size?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
someone sold this to me as a G.Rosea RCF. is this better than the G.Rosea RCF? how about care, and size? body size is around 1.5 - 2 inches. is this max size?
I wouldn't say it's better or worse, about equal. The care is very similar to G.rosea so just keep it like that. Max size for a female would be around 3.5" Give or take .5"

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i mean i payed for a rosea and got a scrofa instead? i want my money worth with what i payed for. :D

thanks all

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, there was really no money involved. we had a trade. but i was expecting a rosie RCF. But i guess getting this isnt so bad :D

btw rosies in our country cost around $50 - $60 if you convert it to dollars.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, there was really no money involved. we had a trade. but i was expecting a rosie RCF. But i guess getting this isnt so bad :D

btw rosies in our country cost around $50 - $60 if you convert it to dollars.
Oh wow, I didn't even realize your location and at that price. Hm, I'm not sure which would have been better. If you really wanted the G.rosea RCF, I would contact who you traded with and tell them that it isn't a G.rosea, but a P.scrofa.

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well.... i tried that, but he kept on insisting it is a G.Rosea RCF. oh well, might as well keep this, i already have few rosies anyway, m just obsessed with it that i want more. weird, its common but its my favorite. :?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well.... i tried that, but he kept on insisting it is a G.Rosea RCF. oh well, might as well keep this, i already have few rosies anyway, m just obsessed with it that i want more. weird, its common but its my favorite. :?
G.rosea is definately one of my favs too! :clap:

Hm, if he's gonna be like that, just keep it. What did you give him?

Panic

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
an unsexed grammostola actaeon. around 2 inches. i ddnt really want that actaeon so i sacrificed it to have another one of those rosies. if only i knew it was a scroffa im goin to get, i should have kept the actaeon. :wall:

versiphil

Arachnopeon
I think that`s a bad deal. Actaeon is much more worth than a rosea. In my country you will pay about 10$ for an adult one.
For actaeon, which is in my opignion much more intreristing, you have to pay more than 60$....
But if you prefer rosies...

By the way, I`m a little bit amused about people who think they can identify the species of a T definetly with a photo. Espacially with such bad ones.
I`m not that shure, that you really have a scrofa. That`s just what every arachnologist would tell you....
Think of avicularia species mess...

Morro_Narcissa

Arachnopeon
If you know P. scrofa, you can ID this one, even from the blurry photo.
I agree with Becca and everyone.... it's a P. scrofa.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You should have posted a pic and asked for ID first before finalizing the trade.

BTW, to whom did you trade it with?