Is this a decent tank?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
The best height for terrestrial species by exo is 30cm IMO.

I think 45cm is a little high

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
The best height for terrestrial species by exo is 30cm IMO.

I think 45cm is a little high
Will 45cm increase the risk of the chance of a spider falling to his death?

I'll look at the tank that you mentioned. Thank you for the suggestion.

keks

Arachnobaron
Sorry, talking stupid stuff. First calculate, then talk about :X

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I think 45 cm is the length of the enclosure?? And it is 30 cm high and 30 cm wide? *headscratch*
The last measurement is usually height. And I know exo terra sell 30x30x45cm enclosures.

I keep some of my medium sized terrestrial Ts in Exo Terra 30x30x30cm. I fill with loads of sub for terrestrials with an incline of sub from door to rear of enclosure to make sure reduces the risk of injury from fall.

Please note that they should only really be used for spiders 4-6"

keks

Arachnobaron
The last measurement is usually height. And I know exo terra sell 30x30x45cm enclosures.

I keep some of my medium sized terrestrial Ts in Exo Terra 30x30x30cm. I fill with loads of sub for terrestrials with an incline of sub from door to rear of enclosure to make sure reduces the risk of injury from fall.

Please note that they should only really be used for spiders 4-6"
I noticed it, and deleted my posting after converting inches into cm :bag:.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Like one made out of gold and diamonds.:astonished:
They are £40 in UK. I have seen for sale in Spain even more expensive. I have a fair few at home in Glasgow but only the best display spiders get housed in them.

I may customize with some nice stones when I return :rofl:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
How do you open it? Looks like a pain to do maintenance in, a glass tank looks just as good for not even a tenth of that price.

keks

Arachnobaron
On the first view it is a beautiful terrarium.
But it is too expensive, there is no ventilation below, and the space upside for ventilation and working inside would be much too few for me.
It is a pity, that you don't have the glass terrariums in USA as we have in Europe.
But on the other side, you have cheap display boxes, which we don't have ^^.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
Not something I'd buy, even if I was a millionaire. Just looks like alot of cons compared to only the pro of looking nice.
Yeah, I think you are right, that particular tank does seem to have a few cons. I thought it would be a good tank because it seems to have a lot of room.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Looks difficult to work in and crazy expensive! I've sort of given up on trying to make really pretty enclosures for spiders. Not that I put zero effort into it. My nice spiders still get display-worthy stuff. But they either web it all up, or they launch poop on the sides, or both:bored:. If you set up a really nice enclosure, it'll be a constant battle.