Is this a decent tank?

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
You could put a juvenile in there. I wouldn't put anything bigger than 3" in there. So if you bought a 2" G. rosea you could have it in there for a year, maybe more depending on how fast it grew and the size it gained.
Sounds pretty good to me, seems feasible so far.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ok, I found a two gallon tank that used to belong my betta, a salamander currently lives in it. (Wasn't my idea) The dimensions I think are 6 inches long, 6 inches wide and 12 inches tall, what could I put in it? Seems a little narrow for any Brachypelma species.
That would be a good size for an adult dwarf or a juvenile of a larger terrestrial species.

However, with the exception of Euathlus, most of the dwarf species are quite fast -- perhaps more than you want to get into as a beginner. I have not kept Euathlus before, but they have a reputation for being easygoing and curious -- good for a beginner if you can find one.

I have a mature male Dolichothele diamantinensis and a Neoholothele incei sling. When it was time for me to rehouse the D. diamantinensis as a juvenile, he ran frantic laps around the containment bin in which I was working. It took a long time to get him into his enclosure, as I didn't want to risk hurting him trying to cup him. (It's easier to cup a slower species or one that is not in the process of running at full speed.)

The N. incei appears to be a speed demon as well, even though it is still a sling. I was amazed at how she bolted around trying to subdue a tiny mealworm.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
I have a mature male Dolichothele diamantinensis and a Neoholothele incei sling. When it was time for me to rehouse the D. diamantinensis as a juvenile, he ran frantic laps around the containment bin in which I was working. It took a long time to get him into his enclosure, as I didn't want to risk hurting him trying to cup him. (It's easier to cup a slower species or one that is not in the process of running at full speed.)
That sounds like a handful, I would probably try to refrigerate him to slow the metabolism and make him/her easier to handle but I forgot that we were talking about getting the T in or out of the enclosure. Sounds like I need to look into Euathlus, I imagine that it will be difficult to find seeing as @miss moxie is having trouble finding one for herself (Sorry if I am wrong)

Although N. incei seems very appealing to me despite being really fast.

cold blood

Staff member
incei are great, but because of how much they web, i would house them with more space.

NewTdaddy

Arachnopeon
I just got a 40x30x25 plastic enclosure, with all the trimmings (cork bark, thermometer, heat mat, water bowl and substrate) for £25. Got me a T to go with it too.