Introduce Yourself

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey everyone I wanted to reintroduce myself. I recently found my self back on this forum after being out of the hobby for many years. Not sure how I remembered my log in information but its probably been 10 years.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone I wanted to reintroduce myself. I recently found my self back on this forum after being out of the hobby for many years. Not sure how I remembered my log in information but its probably been 10 years.
Welcome back ^_^ Planing on getting more Ts again?

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Might as well throw a post up in here, since it's been more than five years.

My name is Jade. I'm one of the original users of this site. My user name change is pending, but my name used to be TheEternal. There are lots of reasons for the change, but I'll save that for the watering hole later. I stayed off the site while I worked on my biology degrees and progressed toward a PhD in entomology (specializing in spiders).

Well, I'm back finally. I still have dozens of tarantulas and other critters. I now have ~20 years of tarantula keeping experience plus multiple degrees behind my name, so I'm always happy to help anyone with anything I can. That said, I do NOT know everything (no one does). I'm here to learn and share just like everyone else.

I'm super happy to be back, finally.

cold blood

Staff member
Welcome back!

If you're in N. Illinois keep in touch, im just over the border in WI...I do a fair amount of breeding and am always looking for MMs.

ToniRegalis

Arachnopeon
Hello,my name is Toni I live in Croatia and I am 13 years old.
I love this hobby because I find all spiders,especially tarantulas to be very fascinating.
I am currently a proud owner of a Brachypelma vagans,an E.cyanognathus and two A.geniticulata slings.
Also in 2-3 days I'll be getting 3 P.regalis slings but dont worry I know they are different than all the other t's I currently own and that they are aggressive and fast,but I am sure that with a bit of care and respect everything will be ok.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Hey there everyone! This is Paco (23 years old) from Dallas, Texas. I just got into keeping arachnids although they have entranced me all my life. i currently have an adult female Phidippus Regius and I plan on expanding my collection and learning more about these fascinating creatures.

salticid

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Sonia from Brooklyn, I'm 21 and have always loved spiders & insects. I adopted my first tarantula a few months ago, she is an adult A. Seemanni.

Rheaxo

Arachnopeon
Hi!

My name's Rhea, I'm 28 and a 3 week old noob when it comes to tarantulas. I went to a reptile zoo and asked to hold a t, as soon as I felt how soft and incredibly fragile I knew I needed one in my life! Went home, did a fair bit of research and went back. I had a small list of t's to look for, and out of that list they had my nhandu chromatus! I caught a glimpse of my orange baboon and decided to bring her home as well. Every day feels so rewarding with these two! Molly (baboon) adds on to her crazy web almost every time I feed her. Phoenix is starting to get some noticable hairs. Can't wait until she's a little bigger so she can crawl around on my hands!

SpiderSling2017

Arachnopeon
Might as well do this,

Hi! My name is Kerry or Kezza whichever way you prefer.
I live in the SouthEast of England with my fiancée and family.

I never used to like creepy crawlies and still iffy with some of them, but I came across a YouTube video, he was showing off his collection of Ts, I became less phobic and more curious of these 8 legged creatures.

This helped me overcome my irrational fear slightly as I could hold some spiders, although I still had the odd occasional jump scare when I saw a large house spider :rolleyes:

Fast forward to September 2016 when I decided I wanted to own one, my partner was unsure as she herself has a fear of spiders, however she seems more keen on ones who have hair (most Ts) she helped me look for one, and I settled for. Euathlus SP Red, it seemed the most beginner friendly, for one who had a phobia.

Unfortunately, there is a long wait, she wants to buy it for my 18th which is in August (2017) till then I'm having to get by with videos and the arachnoboards! But I'm allowed to purchase one item for it a month till then. :D

Super excited to own my first T of many

Thanks for reading ;)

- BlueStone42

D Sherlod

Arachnoknight
Good morning everyone!

I am glad I found this forum!
I am a 45 year old living in NWO looking to welcome a tarantula to my home. Fell in love with them after taking my son to a reptile show and holding one for the first time. She was a beautiful golden knee so comfortable and docile it's like we were made for one another.
My son has even picked out a name for the female I am looking to get.
Have narrowed my choices down to what I am looking for as well.
I joined the forum to connect with other owners, get tips and support.
Hoping to get to know a lot of you.
Not sure where in Canada you are but there is pet expo coming up on Easter weekend in Toronto area and several tarantula vends will be there

proserpina

Arachnopeon
Hi there, my name is Cleo, and I'm 99% new to this hobby. I'm 18 and own 4 darling mantises but would also like to get into arachnid keeping; I had a scorpion when I was in elementary school but he was the only arachnid I have ever owned and it's been quite a few years. I've come here to learn more about arachnids (as I know next to nothing about caring for them) before I try keeping one myself :)

proserpina

Arachnopeon
Welcome!

What kinds of mantises do you have? They sound interesting to keep.
Thank you very much!

They're very fun to keep and I love caring for them :happy: I have 2 Ghost mantises, 1 Indian Flower mantis, and 1 Budwing mantis. Hopefully I'll be getting a few Spiny Flower mantises in the next few weeks/months!

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I figured I would introduce myself my name is Breanna and I live in Idaho. I have 1 T not sure what type as still trying to figure that out. When I was ten I had a wild caught T named Mr. Black and I absolutely loved him. I got into Ts when I was in the 2nd grade when my teacher had a Rosie and was forever in love with them. I suppose that's it for me been a lurker for a week now before I decided to join. :p so uh, "hi guys!"

Calelpito

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Jeff, I'm new to using AB. I have 8 crazy and hairy friend's that have 8 legs. I live in Toronto Canada umm I dunno what else to say . I'guess I'm looking for friends with two legs that talk. So say hello

Madmomgamer

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Jeff, I'm new to using AB. I have 8 crazy and hairy friend's that have 8 legs. I live in Toronto Canada umm I dunno what else to say . I'guess I'm looking for friends with two legs that talk. So say hello
Hello! Nice to meetcha!

Xenon Leah M

Arachnopeon
My name is Leah and I am new to this site and I'm also new to tarantula keeping. I love all snakes and tarantulas. I have The Tarantula Keeper's Guide by Schultz and it's a really helpful book. I will also take advantage of how ready the internet is to use. I am looking online and at pet stores to help me get started with my first pet.